Do we need new cases?? if so does this one exist?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dorfdad, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

I am guessing that all our iPad 2 cases are safe to use on the 3?? I guess thats good news as it seems to take forever to get a good case selection out in the wild.

However I have a basic ipad2 case and want to use the smart cover however the biggest problem I have is that when folded back it dangles in the air..

Does anyone make a back case that the magic cover or smart cover snaps or magnetically attaches to?

If so can anyone provide a link for it??

Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Verge suggests that there is barely a difference and all sensors appear to be in the same place. However, I would assume some cases may not fit.

3. yegon macrumors 68020

Yeah, I've got a leather folio case that will probably fit, but the plastic skin smart cover compatible one will likely not. I'll be happy if the folio one fits, saves me having to buy an early market case when there's only a small, overpriced selection.

4. homeboy macrumors 6502

The only cases are danger as snap covers which will be subject to any changes to any tapering changes of the device profile, but if Apple have been smart about it, there shouldn't be any noticeable difference.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It is a shame that the rumor about the back part of the smart cover isn't true. The original apple iPad case is by far my favorite.

6. homeboy macrumors 6502

Best solution: Mareware full protection case with built in smart cover. It's thin, comes at a great prices and has best of both worlds.

7. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I was wondering the same thing. Although, who's to say it's not in the works and will be released on launch day or sometime shortly thereafter.

8. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

I let my leather smart cover go with the iPad yesterday almost for nothing and now it looks like I may buy the same product. Still I have this Yoobao leather one that may work for sometime till I buy something better