Do we really get anywhere by seeing these leaked iPhone 5 part shots?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Muro, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Muro, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011

Muro macrumors 6502

These parts have such minor differences with the 4 parts why botter to post them as news items. Even a lot of Dutch mediasites are jumping in by posting them, lack of news to fill in the columns daily?

They are all(including the ealier leaked parts) if I'm correct btw from a company called
    TVC Mall who sells them right now. Till the final release every leak of any part can be a threath for Apple right. Shouldn't Apple be doing something about this?

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Leaked parts is simply evidence that production is under way.
    Doesn't really matter what the parts are or what they look like.
    An external case would certainly be interesting, of course, but it's the fact that the parts are finalized and leaving the vendors that's the real story.

3. jonrando macrumors 6502a

If you saw any of the part images, you'd see they are quite different as they differ in part placement and even include addition parts.

As stated above, leaked images confirm that a new product is in development.

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
  5. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

6. aluren macrumors 65816

7. Fresh1 macrumors regular

QFT (maybe I should spell it out for 10chars).

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

for all we know, these parts could be fake. if people can fake the entire iPhone 4, i'm pretty sure they can make parts up.

now i'm not saying these parts are fake, but what i'm trying to say is those articles are by no means confirming that production has begun.

oh, a useless post.

9. Muro, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011

Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Oke fair enough but what about Apple's permission to reveal these parts by a third party. It seems they are oke with it. Or does Apple's non-interference suggests the parts are fake?

10. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

even though i cant tell one apart from the another i still find it rather exciting

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

OP, you must really want the next iPhone because 99% of the threads that you have started or replied in has to only do with the iPhone 5.

12. chris-st macrumors newbie

I'm in that boat!

Although personally I believe this is what the rumors are for. While fun to talk about, it might not be too useful to deny reports with assurance, using the basis that the reports don't provide enough assurance.

13. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you referring to me with OP?

14. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

Yes. OP = Original Poster

I'm not very big on the parts stories, normally skip over them but some people get pretty excited about them.

15. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, I'm new here therfor. Hahah but yes indeed I really really want the next iPhone. I actually don't own a smartphone at all. In a earlier post I explained that I still carry a crappy old Nokia device and was planning to buy the 4 this spring/summer but postponed my purchase as I heard the 5 would come out. Sounds kinda strange right?! For me also as I since the eigthies untill the iPhone had pretty much every geeky tech device that came out but with the iPhone it went wrong.

It's the iPhone whats keeps me busy about Apple right now but believe me I have an opinion on a lot of things and will not hesitate to spew it out but not right now. I even was planning to open a thread on a Mac device that even don't exists to get peoples reactions about which path Apple will go with broading their productline. In my view a binding device to fill the gap between the Ipad and the iMac/Macbooks, will post about this later.

I particularly find it a bit overdone when even normal media is posting these so called leaks on their sites.

16. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

They give us hope. Its like a tease for people waiting for the next iPhone. It makes the release date feel closer. It's just a psychological thing :D

17. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

And have you seen a fake iPhone 4 that could fool anyone for over a minute?
    Yeah, neither have I.
    Nuff said.

And no, it isn't confirmation of production. I said it's evidence. Take it for what you will.

18. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Fake or not, we know as much now as before we saw them. Nothing. "oooo, the camera mount has a rounded edge instead of a square one".

It's all we got though... :eek:

19. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

And we cling to that little nugget of knowledge. Lol

20. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Apple has more important issues to deal with than a few parts rumor pics.

21. cshearer macrumors regular

Regardless of where they came from, or their legitimacy, things like these add to the hype. I assume this is precisely what Apple craves: uncertainty and ambiguity. All of this keeps our attention steadfast on this wondrous, mysterious device, and for good reason. Some of these rumors of features/specs sound wonderful. In the interim however, it's fun to dream, and I'm perfectly content with my iPhone 4.

Apple would be foolish to pull the plug on this type of speculation.

22. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

if they didn't tell us that there would be a camera in the iPhone 5, everyone would think the iPhone 5 would be without camera.. imagine the rage dude!