Do we still get our service discounts or other discounts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike Coscia, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Mike Coscia macrumors member

I currently get 15% off my monthly service charge as I am a teacher. A friend of mine who works at a ATT store in philly, said that you can not recieve the discount with the iphone? Anyone hear of such of thing?

Also will those of us who get hardware discounts get anything off the iphone? I get 20% off pretty much every thing in the store with my teachers card. However I am thinking this in fact will not work with the iphone.

2. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I would be surprised if any coupon or discount was applicable to the iPhone at launch.

3. jshbckr macrumors 6502

Since we don't know the rates, we can't be sure, but the guy at my local cingular store made it sound like my university discount could be applied to the basic voice plan.

4. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

If Apple and ATT employees have been told no discounts on hardware or service plans, its pretty safe to assume you wont be getting any sort of love either.

5. Mike Coscia thread starter macrumors member

that's kind of crappy customer support to make the iphone the only exception just because its popular. I really hope they don't take away my service discount or I will be kind of pissed.

6. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

You will get 15% off your monthly bill still, thats an ATT/Cingular policy. You will not get anything off the phone though.