Do we still have the grace period to return...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swapna81, Sep 20, 2010.

1. swapna81 macrumors member

Hello,

I waited so far for the white iphone.. but I feel it is taking more time..and I am being impatient.

Everyday, I listen to so many stories regarding the antenna and the proximity issues..(mayb not on every phone)

My question is if I take one now.. and if unfortunately my phone too have them.. do I get the grace period to return the phone without paying the restocking fee ? What is the time frame for this thing ?

Thanks,

2. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

i believe now until sept. 30 you have a 30 day time frame to return the iphone without paying any restocking fees.

if you get an iphone after sept. 30 you will only have a 14 day return period and you will have to pay a restocking fee if the box is opened.

3. swapna81 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot for the info.

Does this work only for Apple store or also for other retailers like At&t ,Bestbuy...

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

:eek:
    I believe there is a 10% restocking fee regardless.

Marc

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I was in the same boat as you man, I kept waiting for the White iPhone 4 and eventually didn't wanna wait anymore. I bought mine on Saturday and don't regret it at all.

6. Bleak macrumors member

Nope. Returned mine with no restocking fee. You could always make your own custom Gelaskin and just put it on a black iPhone :p Like this person: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5WtflqwOYs

7. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

I don't think there is a restocking fee for returning an iP4 until after Sept 30th.

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

From Att or apple or does it matter?

Marc

9. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Not true. The 30 day return period existed before the free case announcement, and does not end on September 30. You will continue to have a 30 day return period with no restocking fee even after Sept 30.

10. NickkyJ macrumors regular

I can't give it back its a great phone. I got lucky i guess my sensor is very good. Bluetooth works great as well

11. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

12. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I don't believe that it did, as I was charged a restocking fee when I returned my first iPhone 4, before the announcement was made by Apple.

13. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Then you should have complained to the manager about it. It's clearly laid out in their return policy, and there is no date limitation.

I'm sorry, what was that?

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html#iphonereturns

I thought so.