Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azz0r

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Has there been any news that Siri can answer random questions via constantly listening?

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Has there been any news that Siri can answer random questions via constantly listening?

I don't think SIRI's constantly listening. Apple had made it clear, on the Keynote, that's the reason why the remote has dedicated button for SIRI, so it'll listen only when you want it to.
If you want that function then Apple TV (or Apple products in general) is not for you.

CaptTCS

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2013
Bainbridge Island, WA
I don't think SIRI's constantly listening. Apple had made it clear, on the Keynote, that's the reason why the remote has dedicated button for SIRI, so it'll listen only when you want it to.
If you want that function then Apple TV (or Apple products in general) is not for you.

Yea... I wouldn't want any internet connected device to be constantly listening to what's going on in my home. Any good hacker (or the NSA) can easily use Alexa to spy on someone who has it installed.

Reactions: TheSuperE
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.