Do white box 3g refurbs have new batteries?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple?, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Apple? macrumors member

Do iphone 3g refurbs have new batteries or are they the same ones from when the phone was new?

2. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I don't even think it's clear they are refurbs. Each one I've gotten have had problems .. so either they are bad at examining them or they are brand new ones.

3. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

they are mixed. its the luck of the draw mostly cuz they have not gotten enough retuned phones to meet the demands

4. techdude13 macrumors 6502

Well every phone I have gotten (3, 2 from the front of the store and one from the back room) have been refurbished. If the number have a 5K in teh serial number, then it is refurbished. An AppleCare Phone Rep. Manager/Supervisor told me that.

Plus, f you have problems, call them. They might be able to send u a new phone in a service box, guaranteed new. Because my Apple Retail Store has a bad batch of phones. Each one I have gotten has light leak and dust between the screen and the glass.

But it depends. Sometimes the open the phones to replace the screens or motherboards, not always the batteries. If the original return was FOR a battery problem, then they WILL replace the battery. But thats like 1 in 2 million, so unless the phone is over a certain age from manufacture (like maybe 4 months or mroe,) then yes they probably replace it.

John

5. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

not so fast "5k" on the 3g is up in the air about its meaning

6. Apple? thread starter macrumors member

7. techdude13 macrumors 6502

It depends anyways, even if the whole 5K serial number theory isn't true. There is really no way of truly knowing.

8. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

yep so u are out of luck.

What does it even matter I go my 2.5G iPhone the first day first line and it still has good battery life :D