Do windows on a Mac slow down the performance ?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Esmann, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Esmann macrumors newbie

Hey

I might buy a IMac 27" Quadcore with 5I. I want to use it for my studies, which includes 2 and 3d drawings..

I need to have windows on my Mac, but will it slow down my mac´s performance? Or is it the same as Leopard ?

Sorry for my english. I hope someone can help my before i goes Mac.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you use Boot Camp to run Windows, no, it will run natively, thus being the only Operating System (OS) loaded.

If you use a virtualization software like Parallels or VMWare Fusion, it depends on what settings you give the virtual machine and what software you want to run in Windows. If it is CPU and GPU intensive, then yes, it will slow down your Mac OS X and Windows experience.
    A virtual machine is an OS run inside another OS, so all the resources have to be split (not equally in most ways) between the two OSs.

Have a look at MRoogle to find many threads regarding your questions, as this is asked a lot.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

There a number of threads on this issue already with a lot of great information
    If you do a search with MRoogle you will find answers already posted for most everything

You will need to decide if you want to Boot Camp or use virtualization (Parallels/Fusion)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]