Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wellander

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Huntington Beach Ca
Hi,
Do you all think that the emac will be eol"ed soon?
Now that schools are going for ibooks and imacs.
Or does the emac have a future?
Thanks.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
Hell no. eMacs have rumors about going into intel. Plus some school are just recieving them.Such as mine.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Jobs made a comment about how they have one CRT Apple, and next year they might not have any CRT Macs next year this time

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
eMac Intel

NO Joke, the new eMac Intels will be out on July 1st. My dad is a teacher in Minnesota and was told by the tech guy at the school that apple is releasing the eMac on July 1st. If they will keep the same design I do not know. My dad was told that they will use Intel Core chips (duo or solo unknown).

StealthRider

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2002
Here and there!
July 1st is possibly one of the worst dates EVER for an education-oriented product to be released. It's after the spring buying season, and too close to opening to have the new machines working in time. It doesn't matter who told you this, I'm pretty sure it's a load of bunk.

Oh, and Wellander, it really is not necessary to type "Hi," at the beginning of all of your posts.

Wellander

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Huntington Beach Ca
Hi,
Will think that we all have different opinions on this.
Oh, and Wellander, it really is not necessary to type "Hi," at the beginning of all of your posts. What is wrong with it?

StealthRider

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2002
Here and there!
The July 1st thing is not an opinion - no school tech staff would ever buy in July.

The "Hi" is not necessary because you are not greeting us every time you make a post. Think of it as a real life conversation: you only say "Hi" at the beginning, usually.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
The only thing that mite support this is that for school spending, school funds run July 1st to June 31st. So July 1st would be the first day of new school spending for the new school year. Just a thought. Btw, I'm not 'pushing' this a fact because I really have no REAL evidence that the story is true.

timswim78

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2006
Baltimore, MD
JohnMC said:
The only thing that mite support this is that for school spending, school funds run July 1st to June 31st. So July 1st would be the first day of new school spending for the new school year. Just a thought. Btw, I'm not 'pushing' this a fact because I really have no REAL evidence that the story is true.

Even though many fiscal years start on July 1st, government agencies (e.g. schools) know how they are going to spend their money long before that date arrives.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
I like the emac but it has no practicality. I think it being taken off the comsumer market a couple of months ago is a good sign that it is going. I don't think that it will see any updates and i think that after this ed season, it will go.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
the emac is good for small children

i shudder at the thought of having my somewhat delicate intel imac in the hands of little school kids ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.