Do you believe is Steve Jobs?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Theappmachine, May 4, 2010.

1. Theappmachine macrumors member

Theappmachine

Am I the only one who doesn't believe that mails that are all around these days are not really Steve Jobs ones but just fakes?

Look: Apple had thoughts on flash and they reported an official text on the site. Anything else in my opinion is just the work of some kind of wannabees...

What do u think?

2. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

It's either Steve or someone who works for him, tasked with responding to e-mails on his behalf, with some form of communication/conferring between the two. In this case it's very likely it doesn't go out without Steve's approval. He doesn't need to actually type everything himself. He can also dictate.

They're not "fake." They're responses from Apple, and a deliberate (and effective) form of marketing. Apple makes no effort to deny any of those e-mails and in fact seems to communicate and correct stories via that medium.

Apple's official thoughts on Flash amounted to something important enough to post on their site directly as an official, declaratory statement. It shouldn't be communicated via e-mail anyway. This way, everyone gets to see it, not just rumour and fan sites.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

getting a response from sjobs@apple.com is either from him or his secretary, especially given the responses of late. If it wasn't him, apple/Jobs would be coming out denying such missives but they haven't.

4. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

I doubt it's really SJ. He probably gets thousands of emails a week from people wanting to debate the finer points of Flash or tell him how much they love their iPad. Why would he waste his time?