Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Should Droid Adopters Go Quietly into the Night?

• Yes, please!

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Maybe if they could confine themselves to one thread...

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Hey, it's a free country.

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hell, no. The iPhone sucks and everyone should know it!

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I am an iPhone owner and user. I come to this forum to read about, discuss, and exchange tips about iPhone use. Personally, I am sick to death of coming here and finding people posting about their new Droid or about the many reasons they can't stand the iPhone and are switching to a Blackberry.

I mean, do we really need five Droid threads, an HTC Touch thread and a PalmPre thread on the main page?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I don't care that they are switching and don't really understand why they come on here to post TTYTT (unless it's to troll). If I switched, I'd be in the forums for the phone I switched to.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
also i'd love to see all " iPhone 4.0 wishlist" threads combined!!

Oh yeah. Someone started one this week like "I don't know if there's a thread already like this but I think it could be really fun!!" I backed out of that thread before the flaming erupted :eek:

I don't mind the "I switched to xyz" threads so much. It's kind of interesting to here people's perspectives and know what the competition's up to. I do wish it could stay in one thread though.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
I agree completely. This message board is supposed to be about the iPhone. I could care less about reading about Droads, Palms or any other phone.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I don't really care why people are switching. That said, I understand the iPhone is just a phone and people may have a legitimate reason to switch.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I had a htc kaiser

before this I was on a windows mobile forum there as well. when I decided to get my Iphone I never told them I was leaving I figured who cares it's a forum for Kaisers not Iphones if I ever decide to switch to what ever I will figure my choices are personal and just leave. ;)

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
How else are we suppose to troll, post our meaningless comments, act like an internet tough guy, and pretend to know what we're talking about...if we don't have these types of threads?

Morn

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2005
Hey, it's a free country.
Being annoyed is probably the worst reason to silence an informative topic.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I really don't care of someone switches phone platforms. They want a droid, or a mytouch or a palm pre. More power to them. The iPhone is far from perfect and its clear that the iPhone does not and will not suit everyone.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I like to hear why as it may save me time and help me to find the phone that may better suit me/my needs.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
No I don't care, and they should find another forum to talk about it.

This isn't a Droid or BlackBerry forum. Take your discussions elsewhere, I come here to read about the iPhone. And to be honest, most other people here don't care why the iPhone or AT&T was a bad choice for you.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
typical switch thread:

Guise I hated how my iPhone cuz it couldn't cook my breakfast and get me girls I'm switching to the new blackberry "*insert stupid phone name*".

2 days later;

guise my blackberry suckzorz i need halpz on hao to get iPhone 3GS 32GB at subsidized price after I canceled my contract and cussed AT&T out.

KurtangleTN

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2007
Is it any less annoying to make a thread whining about switching threads, threads which you can easily ignore?

KurtangleTN

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2007
Well it certainly adds debate and change from the usual...

True, in that case..

I switched to the Droid from my 3G because.. multitasking rabble rabble, AT&T horrible, rabble rabble.. no 3G in Asheville NC new age mecca rabble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.