iPad Do you charge your iPads with a case on?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ev0d3vil, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

as above......... Will it cause the battery to degrade faster with the heat trapped?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I never take my case off, I don't find the heat to be an issue.

3. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

If I had to charge my iPad with the case off, the case would never be on. I seem to have it on the charger more than off.

I think my iPad2 had a much longer battery life, but Air 2 is too new (3 days) to be certain. I use mine in the car for work, and GPS does use a lot of battery juice, but after two days use in the car, I think the Air 2 battery drains twice as fast as my old one did. My point being, I need the case on, and I need it plugged in whenever possible too.

4. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

Definitely ON. My Kavaj case is relatively easy to remove, however my Air never gets so hot while charging that I am ever concerned.

I also agree with poster above: if I had to remove my case for charging, I would not have a case on in the first place.

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

First time I think about that :eek:
    I'm using Apple's smart case (expensive as hell but cute) and charge it with the case. It doesn't heat up much during charging btw.

6. iPadDad macrumors 6502

iPadDad

7. jks2014 macrumors newbie

usually i will only remove the case when i want to get a new case

8. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

9. newellj macrumors 601

Yes, but I will admit that I usually turn it back up (face down) so that the heat from recharging has a slightly better chance to dissipate. I'm sure it has a bigger effect on my head than it does on the battery, though. ;)

10. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Never.

When charging, I remove the case and place the iPad in a cool bath. The toughest part is finding a lightning cable long enough to reach the middle of the tub.

BJ

11. Sprintina macrumors member

No for both my iPads (& the mini has a smart cover not a case). That's why most cases have cut-outs for the charging cables.

I expect if someone is doing heavy gaming, then that might be a reason to take the case off.

12. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

Haven't put my Air 2 in a case yet but my old iPad 3 never came out of the case.