Do you close the switch on your apple wireless mouse and keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hidehide, May 17, 2007.

1. hidehide macrumors 6502

Do you guys close the switch? How long does the battery last?
    I used the wireless mouse for about 1 week, and now its already 88%
    And I just first used the keyboard, but the battery is already 89%?

Is the battery consumption really bad?

2. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

I don't close the switches on mine. I have had mine for about 10 months and have not yet had to replace the keyboard batteries, but the mouse once about a month ago.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Using the keyboard as a guide, the first batch of batteries lasted a little over a year. I then bought some rechargeable batteries that last roughly thirty days without touching the switch and probably forty days if I turn it off at night. It's roughly the same with the mouse, except the time intervals are smaller for me. I guess I'm a clicker, not a typist.

4. hidehide thread starter macrumors 6502

eyebeaz, so keyboard last more than 10 months, and mouse 9 months?

mad jew, do you mean it last 1 year with normal battery, but only 30 days with rechargable battery!?

5. hidehide thread starter macrumors 6502

Good.. that sounds reasonable..
    Is it the bluetooth one?
    I talked with an apple representative today.. and he told me he closes his mouse at night, and it only last 1.5months.. If thats true, then thats really sucks.. I got a logitech wireless mouse..but not bluetooth.. and it last at least 6 months..

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I got more when they were new but now it's down to about a month. It doesn't matter though, 'cause they're rechargeable. I really recommend getting a good set of 'em as you'll save money, time and probably effort in the long run. Just make sure they're good quality because some less quality brands won't work. This is the same for regular non-rechargeable batteries, but it seems accentuated for rechargeables. :)

7. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Cloudgazer

I change my moiuse batteries every 30-40 days or so. I use the mouse 8 hours a day - and swtich it off at night.

I've had my keyboard about 4 months (also switch it off at night) and haven't had to replace the batteries yet.

Somehow i just couldn't be bothered with rechargeable batteries.

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

But how are they more work? I've got some spare batteries (rechargeable) to use when I'm recharging the originals. I find both devices can sometime sonly give a little bit of warning before giving out, so this means less downtime for me and I never have to worry about rushing to the store to pick up more batteries. Each to their own though. :)

9. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

Mac Mini, used daily (but not intensively) - standard non-rechargeable batteries have just gone in the kb and mouse within a week of each other, pretty much exactly six months life.

Because of twitchy Bluetooth pairing issues with the keyboard, I've left them on all the time.

Cheers

Jim

10. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I don't turn off my keyboard switch, and ive had the same batteries in it since the beginning of October last year, and there is about 25% juice left in em.