Do you currently use Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MultiMediaWill, Feb 27, 2011.

?

Do you currently use Bootcamp?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I was wondering who here actually installs windows using book camp on their mac. I plan on it but put some reasons why you guys install windows.

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

I stopped using it because Windows 7 keeps thinking it's on a different computer if you access Bootcamp directly vs. on VMWare Fusion. It would force me to activate each time.

Now I just use it on Parallels.

(it's a work machine, so the licensing is fluid. I uninstalled one and installed the other through our install server)

3. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

Currently, no. Typically, yes. This is the first semester where I do not need Windows in my classes for my MIS major. Typically, I needed Windows for Visual Studio, Microsoft Project, etc.

That was the only reason. Office on Mac works great and that's the only thing from Windows I need. I only used Windows for school but I did boot into it often.

4. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

I use windows mainly for Visual Studio 2010 for C++. I know Mac OS X has Xcode but Visual Studio is far better. (Also my college uses Visual Studio).

5. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

I haven't enjoyed using Windows since 1995. So no.

6. snouter macrumors 6502a

This.

Also, I was never that happy with the cooling. Windows definitely runs a lil' warm on Mac hardware.

7. snouter macrumors 6502a

I've enjoyed Windows 2000 Pro, Windows XP and Windows 7 since then.

8. akhbhaat, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

akhbhaat macrumors regular

Yes--light gaming, and that's about it. Beyond that, there's nothing I can do in Windows that I can't do better in OSX or Linux (unless I'm stuck with the unfortunate task of developing a program/software specifically for the Windows platform).

Are you a new programmer?

9. tastychicken macrumors member

I almost use Windows all the time on my MBP 13. I use Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio and Steam whenever i want to do some light gaming. I do boot into OSX whenever i travel and need to browse the web b/c the battery life is so much better on the OSX side. Also all my itunes library is on the OSX side.