Do you double click the home button or use 3D Touch to access multi task?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I don't like using 3D Touch to access multi task. You have to press too hard. Been trying to get use to it.

I'm still using the home button.

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Try changing the sensitivity to light. It doesn't require a hard press. I don't use the home button for multi task.

3. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Holy smokes. Thanks bud! It definitely is a lot better.

4. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

5. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Press on the left edge of the screen and swipe right. It takes a little practice.

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I double-click the Assistive Touch floating button. Should that ever be removed from iOS then I'm sure that I'd start to use the 3D Touch multitasking feature.

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Press at 'peek' strength with half your fingertip on the screen and half off it, then you'll see the screen move over a bit. Now release your finger a little and swipe the multitask 'cards' over to the right.

8. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

You're welcome.

9. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I double tap my home button. Not pressing but tapping like the reach ability thing.

Oh wait that's a jailbreak tweak ;)

10. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

I want to use some bad language against you but the censors will kick in and I will get banned. So I will just say, you are a lucky son of an angel. God Bless YOU!

11. esfrost macrumors member

I always try to avoid home button, for some reason i always felt that its a bitt choppy, i dont know, i have this strange feeling that it will die under my finger. I'm sure Apple could completely ditch the Home Button now with the 3d touch in the system. You could just simple wake up the phone by touching (not pressing) the home button. You can accsess the multitasking with 3d touch, and im sure, they could find a way to exit the applications without the home button. That would be awsome.

12. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

I am jail broken and use the double tap Touch ID to get to the app switcher. When the phone is stock I use your method. I do not like to over use the home button.

13. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

I do the home screen. To me it's easier/faster.

14. MaxBga macrumors regular

MaxBga

Home button. Easy and fast.. Sometimes I can't even open multitask with 3D touch, like when I'm on whatsapp or anything. If I try to, it makes me write something on the keyboard instead of opening multitasking..

15. big samm macrumors 65816

16. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

It's light all the time. It does not adjust. It's suppose to but all 3 options are the same.

17. Berthacrowley macrumors member

Berthacrowley

Home button. On the 6s+ it's easier to reach the home button with my thumb when using the phone one handed than reaching all the way over to the left side of the screen.

18. luminouslight macrumors 6502

luminouslight

I use 3D Touch 90% of the time to get to the multitasker. Rarely use the home button anymore for that.

19. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

All it seems to do is adjust how easily the homescreen apps jiggle, it doesn't really affect peek or pop sensitivity for me.

20. freedomisle macrumors regular

I find the 3D Touch for multitasking a great feature, however, it's really annoying when using a case :(

With the Plus variant it can be a little cumbersome. As the majority of user 2 hand the Plus variant being able to access this feature from the right side would be a good idea.

21. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

That's a crap case then. Any case that protrudes over the top of the sides of the phone is a no-no.

22. freedomisle macrumors regular

It's certainly not a crap case. A good case is subjective to ones opinion. There are people who want a case which protrudes slightly for drop/facedown protection.

23. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

If one can't fully access the touchscreen from all angles then it's not a good case in my book. I had something similar many years ago and quickly got rid of it. Sure if protection is the number one aim then fair enough, but usability is paramount for me. My case comes up the sides 0.5mm shy of the top, but then it has a flip cover to protect the screen when I've finished using the phone. My case doesn't offer maximum drop protection, but it does offer maximum usability.

24. freedomisle macrumors regular

Precisely that is your opinion. Stating a case is crap because someone's preference is different to your own is irrational.
    I use the ZooGue case which makes my iPhone easier to grip and provides drop protection, the case only slightly protrudes and doesn't actually affect any functionality other than make accessing the multitasking feature through 3D Touch only slightly less comfortable.

I don't like flip covers, I find them annoying and redundant when using a screen protector. But, that's my opinion and I wouldn't say it's a crap case based on my own preferences.

25. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

If a case prohibits full use of the touchscreen, and that means being able to touch or swipe at the very edges, then it's crap.:p