Do you even read the ads embedded in apps...

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Nicolecat, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I don't know about the rest of you...but I am usually in a hurry. But, even when I have time to play games on my phone...I still bustle right past the ads without even reading them or even noticing who's ad it might be.

Maybe, it's because in my daily job...I'm constantly dealing with ads...but, as much as I realize them to be a burden...I know that some apps just couldn't be free without them.

Just curious as to how many others gloss over them as well. :D

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

YES! YES, I read them. Yeah. I can't look at my app or use it without first clicking on an ad. So, yeah, keep them "free" apps coming. ;)

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I only have one app that has ads - The Weather Channel app. I notice the ads, but don't really pay attention to them and I don't click on them either.

4. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

I never read the ads :eek:

I know, I know.... Gotta keep the apps free. Don't mind paying for apps though, as long as they're good!

5. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Nope. As long as they keep apps free I'm happy!

6. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Personally I would love to see the ad supported model completely disappear, there was a great article recently on 37 Signals about getting real and charging for your product as opposed to being an advertising company's bitch.

7. detz macrumors 65816

Statistics show that for every 100 people 3-5 will "click" on the ad on average...even on the iPhone. :D

8. detz macrumors 65816

Why would something that works so well for so long and for so many people disappear because some people don't like it? That does not make very good business sense. :p

9. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

I like ads because they make things I want free. I also like them because good ads will advertise something I'm interested in. Unfortunately the iphone ones have been disappointing so far.

10. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

It works well mainly just for the advertisers so why can't a better model be implemented to provide more benefit to us consumers? I already get bombarded with enough information these days and don't need ads to add to my information overload.

11. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Yeah, I love it when my finger slips and the app closes and opens Safari! I always click on the ads, they're so informative! :rolleyes:

12. Macgic macrumors 6502

What would be better for the consumer? its already good if you ask me its a win/win situation. The developer gets money for his work, the consumer gets product for free (or cheaper than normal?), and the advertiser well advertises...:cool: