Other Do you ever accidentally trigger copy/paste when scrolling?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, May 23, 2012.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I do this all the time, it's really annoying. When I scroll I tend to rest my thumb in a spot as I read then slowly slide it down. I constantly highlight text accidentally.

I know they didn't have copy paste for a long time (a feature thats been on the most basic cell phones for over a decade now) and people complained forever. But when they finally did it, they made it ridiculously intrusive. The implementation itself is not bad, but I don't use it nearly as often as I mistakenly activate it.

Agghhh!!!

2. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

That's never happened to me. I think you need to scroll differently :p

3. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

No, but I have accidentally hit the "like" button while scrolling my Facebook newsfeed. I really wish they'd change that.

4. cvam1985 macrumors regular

Happens to me all the time. Very annoying.

5. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

As naturally as scrolling that way comes 2 me, I highly doubt I'm the only one who experiences this

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Is there a tweak?

7. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

I like to rest my thumb on the screen too and then the COPY/DEFINE option will pop up. Slide the screen up/down a bit. Just a tiny bit will do. And keep your thumb there.

8. rak007 macrumors 6502a

Does not happen with me. Btw i like the iPad JB tweak that eases the scrolling a lot by swiping across the keyboard. Not sure whether it is available for iPhone as well or not.

9. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

That's nothing short of miraculous, as it is virtually impossible not to do

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

If you say so. Out of curiosity BTW, why did you respond to me and not to the 4-5 others who also responded in the negative?

11. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Because you can only quote one person and you were the most recent. Did you really need that explained to you?

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Need it? Nah, but I was curious. Kinda like how I'm curious as to why you seem so hostile. Do I need to know why you sound like a jerk? Nope, but I'm curious.

13. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm not hostile, just annoying how many unnecessary flaws there are in iOS and then I have to pull teeth to get people to realize them

14. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Doesn't seem hostile or like a jerk at all. Comes off much better than your passive aggressive attitude, thats for sure.

For the question at hand, yes. While scrolling, I'm constantly highlighting text unintentionally. Very annoying. Almost as annoying as the very intrusive banner notifications.

15. edwardruff11 macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Jan 30, 2018 ---
    Happens to me in News app

16. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

Has never happened to me. I usually do small flicks. If something catches my eye I grab the screen to stop it or slowly scroll. I never slowly scroll on the initial touch. That is why you are having this issue. If the screen is scrolling and you stop and hold you will not select text.

Maybe I’m just used to iOS scroll and tap and animation behavior. Been using an iPhone since like v1.1.1.

17. edwardruff11 macrumors newbie

Strangely enough I’m reading from the News app today and it isn’t doing it :)

18. FunkyTang macrumors 6502a

No. But if I rest my thumb near the top of the screen while scrolling, it will sometimes auto scroll to the top of the page.

19. jbizzybeetle macrumors 6502

yep. happens frequently tho not as often as on ip6s+ where it was impossible to get rid of.