Do you ever sleep talk?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Blackberryroid, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Blackberryroid macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

I do. It surprised me when my wife told me that when I was sleeping I said "I DISCOVERED IT!" Then she was like "What did you discover?" Then I was like "The pillow with leaves!"

I can't even recall why I said that or even that I said that. Have you ever talked while sleeping?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yes. I can have an entire conversation with someone while sleeping. Then not remember anything when I wake up. My mom uses this to her advantage by asking to borrow stuff that I would otherwise say no to.

3. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Yes I do. I am almost afraid to fall asleep in public because I don't know what I will say. My parents tell me I laugh a lot when I sleep too. Weird :p

4. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

I know I do.

I caught my brother doing it once, something about a Legend of Zelda game or something. I ended up having a 5 min conversation with him and typed up everything on my laptop - what I asked him and the answers I got. I shared it with him the following morning, and we couldn't stop laughing.

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'm told that I recite Homer's "Iliad"... and I've never read it!!!:eek:

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

那是沒什麼。 我在舌頭的休眠談話,但是只講英語. :confused:

7. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Is that with your fingers in a bowl of warm water?

KGB:)

8. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

"That is nothing. I Sleep conversation in tongue, but English only"

Now that's impressive. Does not translate too swell...but impressive nonetheless.:D

Hey,iJohn...good to have you back one-upping me again!:D

9. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

I sleep talk for sure. Apparently I talk about not touching my cactus.:confused:

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Repressed Catholic??

11. macinhand macrumors regular

macinhand

You will be surprised i would say we all do it!

My wife told me i was having conversations with myself in my sleep and i didn't believe her at all so i purchased a copy of Sleep Talk Recorder from the app store for my iPhone and that not only proved i talked in my sleep! As my wife was worse than me and it even picked up our son in the other room having a full conversation about bathing Pigeons?? And it doesn't stop at the talking it picks up every other noise that may arise " i will leave that one to your own imaginations " You just leave the app running as you go to bed and it only records when a noise is heard!

Good for a bit of fun especially when the wife is on the receiving end of it :D

12. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

Haha not bloody likely.

13. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Yep, though I've not done it in quite a while and I'm never aware of doing it.

Apparently I just blather word salad when I do.

14. OnceYouGoMac macrumors 6502

My mum said I used to do it, but she could be wrong. I certainly don't remember doing it.

15. Xavier macrumors 68020

I used to sleep talk a bit when I was a kid, but doesn't really happen anymore.

Same with sleep walking.

16. iGav macrumors G3

I giggle & laugh in my sleep, not sure if I talk though.

However, what I do do in my sleep is far less banal, I sleepwalk, specifically I try to climb out of windows in my sleep. It usually happens (though not exclusively) when I'm sleeping in an unfamiliar room, I have reoccurring dreams about being trapped, and then I actually try to escape the room. The most serious incident was trying to climb out of one of the bedroom windows on the top floor of the Hotel Wolcott in New York, it was fortuitous that the window only opened a certain amount, because I would've almost certainly plummeted however many floors it was to the ground.

That said, I still try to climb out of my bedroom window at home… I only attempted it a few nights ago, usually the fresh air is enough to stir me, but I worry that one day it won't be.

I'll spare you the story about the time I walked into my parents bedroom when I was little, and saw that they were missing, only to be confronted by a hooded, faceless figure carrying a scythe in one hand, and a sack dripping blood. That was an interesting experience. ;)

17. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

My brother, when he was little, used to blurt out words like 'Thank you' and 'Happy birthday' :p

I've used the app that records you in your sleep, and it appears I say absolutely nothing at all. Disappointing. :p

18. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

GF says I don't. Hope she's telling the truth. However, my little brother did/does. When we were plenty younger in the early 2000's, he would sing Brittany Spears. He was really good at it as well. His rendition of Opps I Did It Again was dead on.

19. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Do you talk in your sleep?

No but your wife does!:p

20. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

21. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Mind sharing? haha Though why type it when you can prove it with a recording?

22. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

Nope. Although as weird as this sounds my brother has actually "sleep-gamed" before. Woke up one morning to find his dvds/games all over the floor and a gamesave from 3:30am on his xbox 360

23. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

lol, he should also try meditating while having a lucid dream

24. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I've been told I do it, but nobody can properly recall what I talk about.

25. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I do occasionally. I'm usually half asleep when I sleep talk though. One time I sat up in bed, leaned forward towards the radiator, pulled back the towel that was hanging from it for a second, and then let it fall back down and and just sat there. My girlfriend said to me "What are you doing?" and that's when I sort of woke up and said 'Didn't you ask for the drink behind the towel?' to which she responded... "No...." Needless to say there was no drink behind the towel.

And frequently I'll say something like 'What do you mean?' and my girlfriend will wake up and say "What??" which is when I wake up and say something along the lines of 'I don't know why I said that...'

I don't know if I sleep talk when sleeping alone though. And I don't think I'll ever know... It's always funny though :)