Do you feel free when going from iPad to computer?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mkallevik, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Mkallevik macrumors member

When I am on a short vacation, I often bring with me my iPhone and leave my MBP at home. After browsing the iPhone a couple of days it's a pleasure to get back to brows on my MBP. It is like I am in a closed room with the iPhone but outdoors with the MBP. Do you get the same feeling with the iPad? It's not the lack of flash or multitasking etc. I am thinking about.

I hope it is just the screen size, and that it is therefor better with the iPad.

Eagerly awaiting my iPad to be sent to Norway ;)

2. jrboddie macrumors newbie

Yes, a little.

The larger screen on the iPad helps and the experience is an order of magnitude better than with iTouch but there are other things that still make browsing on a desktop computer (in my case) better.

On my desktop page loads are faster due to the connection and better caching, the mouse is more precise in hitting tiny links than with my finger. Using the real keyboard for replies like this is much nicer.

By the way, I feel this way also when moving from my netbook to the desktop as I do not like the flat keyboard or the trackpad for navigation.

I love my iPad and will use it a lot but will still do a lot of browsing on my desktop computer when I am around it.