Do you Find the Screen Washed out?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scarpad, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I have a week 45, it does not have the Negative issue, but the image from Vids are really washed out, dull and not overly vibrant, at least compared to the 1st gen Iphones I had sampled. Are you guys liking the image your getting from your touches? I know it's tough to compare the Itouch (a Touchscreen) with the PSP a non Touchscreen, but the PSP's screen, while it ghosts a tad on the new slim, its alot better for contrast and color vibrancy. Is it mainly the touch screenability making it suffer image wise.

2. darkblu macrumors regular

as somebody with impressions from multiple psp's and ipt's (no iphone, though), i've noticed the following:

* psp has horrendeous ghosting, inconsitent across the colors either, i.e. some colors ghost more, some less. in contrast, i've noticed zero ghosting on the ipt so far.
    * a week 49/07 ipt here tends to be slightly on the washed-out (blue) side of colors. i'd say in line with the current desktop series by samsung (the 2ms 3k:1 ones) - over-saturated, sub-par colors.
    * another ipt here from week 01/08 has no blue washing-out at all. no ghosting either. impressive dark tones - i'd venture to say better than my mid-grade desktop LCD.

in terms of ghosting, i'd rank the above devices as:

* ipt (from either week) - excellent, no complaints whatsoever.
    * psp (all i've seen - phat, slim etc) - quite poor

in terms of truthfulness of the color reproduction:

* ipt 01/08 - impressive. not ideal, but stands above most devices of this class.
    * psp - impressive, but the moment that picture moves it all falls apart into a ghosting mess.
    * ipt 49/07 - average, but consistent.

3. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Screen isn't washed out but I have yet to see one with no green stuck pixels. I think this is common to all iPod touches.

4. YuriVoorhak macrumors regular

Mine is week 47. No stuck or dead pixels, but minor negative black. Go figure.

5. itouch2007 macrumors member

sorry, but how do you check for negative black?

I have week 44 and tested for dead pixels and couldn't find any.

Also same web page had test for blacks, followed instructions and everything seemed normal, but no idea what "negative black" is.

6. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

My screen has no stuck pixels, nor washing-out to any major extent. Go figure- my 5G was a lemon, but my Touch is perfect.

Well, can't complain- it's a great device all around.

7. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

If you can't find any then don't look. But I can assure you if you look hard enough you will find them.