Do you find the tethered jailbreak annoying?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by lotzosushi, Nov 17, 2009.

1. lotzosushi macrumors 6502

lotzosushi

Hey guys, I just ordered a brand new 32GB 3rd gen iPod touch and it will be arriving later this week in the mail. I've been reading up a lot about how the 3.1.2 blackra1n jailbreak for the iPod touch requires you to run blackra1n again every time you restart the iPod?

I'm not sure how often I'll be restarting the iPod but I feel as if this would be quite annoying for those on the road that don't always have their computer there to re-run blackra1n every time they want to restart their iPod touch. Has anyone found this as a bother? Or am I just misunderstanding what I've been reading?

2. mutantblack macrumors regular

I really have restarted only twice since I have my ipod. Installing winterboard and sbsetting from cydia I believe. The rest is I just keep testing it out how hard is it to restart using blackra1n again. So it doesn't bother me at all. As long as you don't use up all the battery I don't see the reason to restart the ipod.

3. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

The battery really does last quite long.
    Just be sure to bring an AC charger.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Agree with the poster above. A lot of jailbreaks apps and procedures do require you to "respring" your ipod, but that is a soft restart and does not require tethering. The only time when you need to tether is for a reboot or when you power off. And while some stuff do require a reboot when you install them, they are few and far between.

5. ipo macrumors member

yup

Pretty awful . I'll wait for the next release ....it comes soon , hopefully.