Do you forget about shows you've previously watched?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iBreatheApple, Jul 13, 2014.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I'm wondering if I'm just forgetful, or if many are like this. And TV isn't the only question this could be applied to, but I was just skimming Netflix when this questions surfaced. Often times I'll see shows I watched two to three years ago. I remembered I really, really liked them, but I can't remember the first thing that happened! I can't remember the characters, what happened, anything! I find that quite peculiar. I'm sure if I started watching again I would most definitely remember. Is anyone else like this?

2. chown33 macrumors 604

Yes, it happens to me.

I read mysteries, and enjoy TV and movie mysteries, too. It kinda bugs me when I start watching one, and I realize part way through that I know who the killer is because I've read it or seen it before.

So yes, it happens to me. I like mysteries, and sometimes I realize I've read something before, but only after I've started it.

No, you're not alone. It like comedies and mysteries, and it spoils the joke or ruins the mystery when I realize I've read it or seen it before.

It sometimes happens in forum posts, too.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Details fade with time, but I don't forget an episode completely.

I read a little while go an Agatha Christie mystery novel that I had not read in probably 30+ years. I remember the overall gist and who the culprit was, but the details of the story were completely forgotten.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Not usually, but if enough time passes, I'll forget most of a show, but there will be something that will tell me I've seen it before.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

A great many shows are utterly forgettable, which means that I consign them to the section of my memory labelled "Not Necessary To Bother Recalling." The ones I liked (Star Trek, for example) I can recall…..sometimes decades later.

However, you are asking whether I forget, shows, or not? I rarely watch shows, but I never forget a book I have read, nor a movie I have seen.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'll forget details, but if I start watching it again I'll usually remember pretty quickly.

7. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Worse one is when you watch every season over many years but can't remember how the whole thing ended.
    Re watching Farscape with my daughter at the moment, and although I remember quite a lot of the episode detail, can't for the life of me remember how it ended.