Do you get antenna issues with your phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prfrma, Jun 24, 2010.

?

Can you replicate the left handed signal drop issue on your iPhone 4?

1. Yes

58.3%
  2. No

41.7%
  1. prfrma macrumors regular

Yes, I know there are plenty of threads on this already, I just wanna do a quick straw poll to get a sense of whether this is a design or manufacturing/batch fault.

I can replicate the left handed signal drop issue on the iPhone 4, and disabling 3g does help alleviate the issue. I'm in the UK on o2, so far no dropped calls, although I don't ever recall having dropped calls at all.

Given how this seems to be a pretty hardware serious fault, I may march into the Apple store and DEMAND a free bumper in the interim.

2. prfrma thread starter macrumors regular

3. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I'm getting my bumper today and will be posting a video on how it fixes the issue.

4. spacehog371 macrumors regular

I was able to replicate the issue slightly once. Went from 5 bars to 2 bars.

Now I can't get it to do it at all, no matter how I hold it. I've tried many times using the methods I've seen in the video.

5. prfrma thread starter macrumors regular

Any more reports?

Details?

Dry or sweaty hands??

Looks more and more like a design fault.

6. ValientHimself macrumors member

Normally, I can't get replication where the bars visually drop, however, using the speedtest.net app, I can watch the needle nosedive if i touch the antenna while it is testing. The bars do not change at all though.

So to people that are not able to reproduce the problem because their bars are not dropping, I recommend trying a speed test app out and experimenting with that. Even though my bar indicator is not changing when i touch the bottom left side, the signal strength clearly is degrading.

I am becoming more and more convinced that this is a hardware design issue...