Do you get fallout from recommending Apple products?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vertigo50, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

As the big apple fanboy in my family, I often recommend MacBooks and iPhones to everyone who asks. Many have made the switch and are generally happy with them, but often when they have a problem with one of the products, they come to me angrily as if it's my fault that the device isn't meeting their expectations. Sometimes they show the phone in my face and say "this damn iPhone won't send text messages!" or something like that.

Lately when I've been recommending products, I make sure to mention that it's still possible that they may have problems with it, and it's not my fault if they do. :D

Anyone else get this kind of fallout? :confused:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not really, and even if I did, I'd largely ignore it. I'm happy with my choices and I'll tell the person giving me guff, basically that and he/she ought to worry about themselves.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

My family is, for the most part, using Apple products with some PC tossed in for computers.

They wait like vultures for me to buy something new like the 6 so they can get their grubby hands on my old phone!

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I did. That's why I stopped recommending anything.

5. jamets515 macrumors regular

+1 for this.

6. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Same here. I usually tell them what I use, but I don't directly recommend anything. Buy whatever floats your boat.

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Exactly. That way if they don't like something or it breaks, it's not my fault.

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

This is what I do as well. Helps to stay vague so that nothing is directly my fault while still pointing them in the direction I think would be best for them.

9. snowcrash macrumors regular

snowcrash

More so for the computer side, not so much for the iPhone side. Almost everyone I know is already on an iPhone. I made switch years ago and every time someone asks "hey you use to be a Network Engineer and super techy, what kind of laptop should I get?" and when I say MBP they hardly ever listen.

Though the best is when a few years later they finally switch and come back and say "dude!!! I should have done this years ago!" ha

But to each their own I suppose.

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

It's probably because of price. Everyone always thinks they can do just as good with something cheaper. You really get what you pay for! :apple:

11. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I only give advise to people with common sense so I've never really had an issue to this point.

If you're asking for my opinion you obviously need assistance so generally there hasn't been any probs.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, I don't. But, I don't give out to many recommendations either.

13. PaythePiper macrumors member

I'm constantly getting into the apple vs android-samsung debate. people always ask me why i love apple so much. Its rather simple. when i turn my stuff on, it works- I don't have to baby the OS for it to run optimally