Do you get flickering...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by buckeye17, Jun 21, 2009.

1. buckeye17 macrumors member

... when looking at any of these test images on full brightness? My MBP 13 flickers on 2a and 4a, more so on 4a. My Dell 2007WFP (CCFL backlight) flickers slightly on 7a, my Dell Studio 1537 (LED backlight) flickers pretty bad on 4a, and my brothers $500 Compaq (CCFL backlight) flickers a very tiny bit on 4a.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php#invpattern

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Uhm, you forgot to add the test images...?

I'd be interested to see if my display flickers at all.

3. buckeye17 thread starter macrumors member

Whoops... updated!

4. hamish5178 macrumors member

I get it pretty badly on 2b and 4b, using a 13" MBP.

What is the significance of this?

5. nilblank macrumors newbie

My early 2009 MBP flickers/pulses much as yours does. In fact, it does this when I am using it at the lower illumination levels even when I am not checking the pixel walk. You might want to pay close attention to see if you are getting a subtle flicker viewing these forum pages. Check it at different brightness levels.

If it is, you should take it in. I brought mine in because I was having this problem (something lots of people have been experiencing) and was told that there is an internal article being distributed to to the Apple Genius bars that there is a glitch in a number of the MBP logic boards that is producing this off frequency flicker.

I'm taking in later this week for repair. We'll see if it improves the pixel walk results. I generally like the screen but the flicker is enough to induce an aneurysm after prolonged exposure.

6. jgo78 macrumors 6502

i have the same problem as you, please keep us posted.

7. richard371 macrumors 68000

I get it on my 13"mbp

Depending on where I have the browser window I get flicker on 2a,2b,4a,4b. Should I be worried?