Do you get spinning ball when using final cut x with new imac ??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 2bcool2, Apr 21, 2013.

1. 2bcool2, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013

2bcool2 macrumors regular

i have the late 2012 iMac, ive always had a laptop but thjought a imac would be super fast when using AE and tcp etc ... so bought my first iMac

ive noticed that when im using final cut, when i switch spaces, the animation between switching spaces is really choppy, and ive been getting the spinning beach ball some times in fcpX on things like moving a photo in a simple composition etc its not really doing anything hard, i recently put in some 16gb ram so i got 24gb ram, should this be happening with this latest fast computer ?

also when exporting a short movie in fcpx , the switching between spaces is choppy too, but i am bothered by getting spinning balls sometimes when working on videos in fcpx

i have the i5 late 2012 iMac with 1tb fusion

thanks for any comments

2. Fantola macrumors member

Do you wait for it to render? Because it needs to render sometimes!
    There is a red bar over the parts of the video which is not rendered yet.

3. 2bcool2 thread starter macrumors regular

changing spaces while its rendering is choppy animation, but i had the spinning ball when moving an image around a title, it wasnt rendering at that time as i set it to render only after 60 secs ...

and the project was just one video as a hold image with screen grab pix on top ...

i did find in another composition when i copied the video in the time line then selected another video clip and did paste effects, i got the spinning ball and can only force quit to make it stop,
    i tried this in other projects and seemed fine, so something project specific, cant figure out why it would crash with spinning ball when selecting paste effects from the top menu, i would have imagined a warning of cant do or something instead of a crash .. any ideas?

4. 2bcool2 thread starter macrumors regular

i am still getting spinning ball using tcp x

hi
    so i started a new project in final cut x , i have the new late 2012 27" iMac, 24gb ram and 1tb fusion drive,

latest fcp x ... anyway, i imported and transcoded footage from my 5d mk 2, and when i was in the middle of editing the colour grade using apples effect, when i move sliders on the colour, i get a spinning ball for like 20 seconds, its really annoying .. i didnt think id get that with a brand new state of the art imac

anyone else get spinning ball when using tcp x on their iMac??

please answer , im sure this shouldnt be happening