Do you go naked around the house?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by bobright, Mar 31, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I am talking about the iPad of course (to those who have cases). :)

2. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Probably depends on the case, with my Maroo there's no reason to really ever expose the delicate nudity of the iPad

3. glen e macrumors 68030

never understood this action...naked the pad is hard to hold or prop up and no matter where you set it down, at home or out of the house, it's prone to scratching or falling...mine always is in a case of some sort no matter where I'm at...

4. oliboli macrumors member

God, no. The aluminum is so cold when laid in my lap for TV-side browsing. Plus I really enjoy the typing and viewing angles offered by most cases.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Clearly you don't have the new iPad. :D

I use a smart cover and sleeve for out of the house, the smart cover when sitting, and I go naked in bed.

6. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

No way.

The house is the enemy. During the commute, its on my lap. During the workday, it's in my backpack or on my desk blotter. No worries there.

But at home it's Vietnam. The kids leave cookie crumbs on the kitchen table. The nanny didn't clean the salt and pepper off the kitchen island. The TV remote, the magazines, the books, and the toys on the living room coffee table. The wife's jewelry on the bedroom bureau. Her makeup on the end table. The ceiling fan blowing everywhere.

The house requires maximum protection. Might just get a second The New iPad to take that abuse, keep the primary in the backpack where its safe from the shrapnel.

BJ

7. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

No way.
    To much to go wrong with the kid and the dog.

8. Tallboy13 macrumors newbie

9. vega07 macrumors 65816

I should have gone into the case business. Everyone buys a case nowadays for everything.

10. davereynolds macrumors member

I wear a skin on the back and a smart cover to cover my front when I'm at home. If I'm feeling frisky I'll take off my smart cover. :p

11. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

LMAO. Thanks, I needed that.
    "but at home it's Vietnam"

12. greg555 macrumors 6502a

Sort of. I used my iPad 1 around the house for most of two years, naked except for a Zagg LeatherSkin. And put it in the original Yoobao case when it left the house.

That's my plan for my new iPad too.

Greg

13. batotman macrumors 6502

Thin $4 monoprice case, does the job well, no bulk.

14. andross77 macrumors regular

no. back cover and smart case all times, anywhere. when reading, tear smart cover off and hold with improved grip of back case. when done reading or playing a game, throw smart cover back on.

15. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

Nope... Belkin smart shield secure for iPad 2 fits like a glove, and the black leather smart cover. Love the combo, and never take them off...
    I also snagged a Targus A7 slip case for under $10 at TJ Maxx that I use I whenever I go out.
    Naked...not my iPad :eek:

16. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

iCarbon skin should be waiting for me at home today. Up until now though, yes. Smart cover when needed, other than that. Nothing.

I'd rather have my iPhone or iPad break then have a bulky case.

Otterbox on the kids iPad 2 at all times though.

17. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

At home, it's a Belkin back cover only as it's kinda rubbery and should protect it from minor bumps/scratches.

On the road it's a full folio type case from Bytech. Cheap, effective and looks okay.

Clearly these two won't be the only cases I have for my iPad so I'm just waiting for the "perfect" case to come out and I'll be set.....hopefully.