Do you guys always keep the keyboard light on?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by intolaomair, Apr 10, 2010.

1. intolaomair macrumors newbie

So I am a guy who enjoys a nice ambience.
    So i have my lights dim most of the time, so basically my keyboard is always lit up.

Is it okay to have it lit up all the time? does it affect the battery? I mean... i don't mind turning it off, since it makes the notebook look so sexy :)

2. Nuck81 macrumors regular

I doubt it's soaking up much battery life in the grand scheme of things. I love the Keyboard. It's my favorite Feature of the Pro..

3. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Mine's automatic. It'll turn on when it needs to and when its bright, it'll turn itself off.

4. BrianRecchia macrumors newbie

It significantly reduces battery life when on even at a low brightness, so I rarely use it. I touch type, so I only use it so I can see out of the corner of my eyes where the keys are, which I don't really need, anyway. If I'm on battery and in a dark area it's always either off or at the lowest setting.

I actually spilt coffee on my MacBook Pro a week after I bought it, and that caused the backlight to separate from the keyboard somewhat, thus causing it to be darker except in the very middle, and even then it's still often too bright for me.

5. Kawininja619 macrumors member

I use it when in the dark and plugged in. If Im on the go I never turn it on. I like my battery to last as long as possible. I know where the keys are well enough to type in the dark. I do love the look of it in the dark.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I never use it. To me it's just one more thing to repair should it break. I'd rather the feature was optional.

7. 7even macrumors 6502a

I keep mine off unless it's just slightly too dark to see keys comfortably. Not that I need to see every single one, but sometimes it helps to see the less-often-used keys..

8. snakelda macrumors 6502

How do you make it go up?I press F6 to make it go up but it won't let me when there is light....

9. sth macrumors 6502a

Always off as I find it distracting (not the characters themselves but the light bleed around the buttons).
    I still can't understand why people rave about this feature...

10. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

Oh yes, unless Iam watching a motion picture in bed.

And it is a constant source of joy to me.

doris

11. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

I love turning it on, even in dim light and although I'm working on an external display. It looks beautiful.. :)

12. iTouch macrumors 6502

No for me since I use an external LCD. But it does look nice when I do use it on occasion.

13. jaforres macrumors member

Ditto.