Do you guys carry a cleaning cloth to wipe your screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rgarjr, Jan 6, 2015.

1. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

When out and about, do you guys keep one handy? When home obviously u will have one.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Used to years ago. Just don't care enough anymore. Swap the phone out yearly anyway. Not nearly as anal about it these days haha.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, I don't. My shirt works just fine when my phone needs a quick cleaning.

4. Americasteam macrumors member

I usually always have one with me. I clean my devices about 200 times a day. I think it's a sickness.

5. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Shirt here too. But have eye glass wipes at home and work. I also plan to get a new one once a year.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Nope. I used to, but as others said, I'm a lot less concerned about it than I was with my first iPhone.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

No, I do not. At home I like to polish my knob, not my phone.

I carry one around for macbook though.

8. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

No, I have a microfiber sleeve that I carry the phone in and that does the job.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No need to carry one when it's self-cleaning in the pants pocket, especially naked.

10. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I keep a small microfiber cloth in the center console of my car for the occasional wipedown. I have a larger one at my desk at home for the same thing.

11. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have a few Purel wipes from restaurants that do the trick. Or the iKlear cleaner that I have packed with my gadgets in the messenger bag.

12. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Haven't had to clean my screen once since owning my 6+ (owned for about 1.5 months)

13. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I have a Zagg Glass protector on my 6 Plus, and just wipe the phone on my shirt. No biggy really. When home I have a spare cloth at my desk and a few by my bed just in case.

14. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I use my shirt too. I have a few cloths I've gotten with my TVs and cases, I just can't be bothered.

15. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

I drive daily for work and I always have a clean microfiber towel in the car with me, just for wiping my phone...

I literally wipe my phone before getting out the car and getting into, after work...

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

I clean the screen before leaving for the day in order to remove yesterday's greasy smears. Same for my glasses. I bring a microfiber cloth and spray in my bag in case I get salad oil or some other gooey crap on same. In those cases, a shirt does nothing but smear the screen further.

17. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I wipe the screen on my iPhone across my thigh or chest if the screen is dirty. I can't be bothered nor do I care enough to carry an additional cloth. :)

18. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Not a chance I would carry such a thing. Once a day is more than enough. I have been handed phones that were so nasty, but I do not get into the OCD cleaning habits.

19. RenoDavid macrumors newbie

I carry a microfiber cloth with me to clean off the camera lens before I do any photography. I'm a pretty serious Instagramer.#

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope I just use my shirt, but then, I have a screen protector on it anyways, so that's what I'm wiping off.

21. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I have one at my desk at work originally bought with my computer screen cleaner and wipe it once a day or so. Also have one on nightstand for all my gadgets not just phone.

22. cyb3rdud3 macrumors 6502a

It is part of the morning routine for my secretary. Just after she got me a Black Coffee and a Croissant, and before rounding up the news, my glass will be polished.

23. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

Yes, but I also use it to clean my glasses. I also wear dress shirts to work and they are terrible at cleaning the screen.

24. TechnicallyTee macrumors demi-god

TechnicallyTee

Guilty as charged! I actually laughed when I saw this post. Its crazy how much I hate excess fingerprints, so I wipe the device all the time and then just to pick it right back up and put more fingerprints on it! Yeah I have issues...

25. jkauff macrumors member

I carry one in my briefcase, but it only gets used a couple of times a month. A certain amount of smudging is no problem to me, but I get out the cloth when it gets hard to read the screen.

My FiiO X3 music player screen picks up smudges way more than my 5S, so the cloth does double duty.