Do you guys think the 64 GB iPad 2 will sell out?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Mar 6, 2011.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Wont be able to get it till the following week, do you guys think like the iphone before lots of stores will be sold out with 2 week waits or whatever ?

Hopefully not

2. h00ligan macrumors 68030

No. Just order online with free shipping, you'll be fine.

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Nah want to get in store screw waiting the 5-6 business days or whatever it is

doubt itll sell out anyway as its the biggest model but who knows :apple:

4. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

The 64GB Wi-Fi is probably the least popular. Most people who lay down that kind of cash just go for the 64GB 3G or the 32GB 3G. After a certain amount (above $630) the price of the iPad really is not much of an impulse buy. There are far more people who will snatch up the 16GB Wi-Fi (or 3G) and 32GB Wi-Fi.

5. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

If based on what I saw from the launch day of iPad 1.. I got there about 2 hours after the store was open and asked them what size models they had left and they said all 16gbs were sold out first.. and that they had a few 32gb left and most of their 64gb models left. So it seems people snatched up the cheap one first, I guess people didn't want to invest a lot in something so "different/new" at the time.. this year could be different... people may snag the 64gbs first because they wished they had more space on their iPad 1.

6. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Now, if online sells out, then you would have to worry. Otherwise, you are ok. So, if you can wait till next week, then order online. Otherwise, you might want to get in line. I want the white one, 64gb, att 3g. I am choosing att because it is faster and compatible world-wide.

7. Chilean.Miner macrumors member

Chilean.Miner

8. Roy G Biv macrumors 6502

Roy G Biv

A lot of the fashions mags are saying 16GB is so 2010. Anything less than 50 gigs is a fashion travesty.

9. fishcube macrumors 6502

Glad to hear, as that's the model I plan on buying :)

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I figure the 16GB models will sell like crazy because of the numerous people who don't need -- or at least don't think they need -- the extra storage. My dad doesn't because he doesn't use that many apps.

I'm hoping the above scenario plays out. I'm going to see what I can find in person on Friday at 5 p.m. If I'm SOL, then I'll order it online. But I just hope the masses want the cheapest product so I can has mine.

11. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

I doubt it'll be 5-6 days shipping if ordered online. My bet is if you order it Friday you'd have it Monday.

12. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

16gb: sold out
    32gb: sold out soon after
    64gb: might not be ordered right away due to lack of popularity, and if they have them in stock, it would be a very low number. They will always be in stock if

13. peaceActivist macrumors regular

peaceActivist

Like everyone else has already said, I believe that most people will get 16gb white/black and then 32. 64 is over the "impulse" buy price. Although it makes more sense to go 64 if you want anything more than 16 due to the price difference for each.

14. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I always buy the top model, but it usually does the worst at resale time. What's nice is I always walk into the store and they have plenty of them available. The 64gb is nice mainly due to games, Rage and Infinity Blade for example take up a pretty big chunk of space, and it's always nice to have a movie or 3 preloaded on there. The 3g is indispensable for myself as I'm on the road a lot and it's a godsend to not have to worry about wifi connections, plus I kept my SIM card with an unlimited plan on it.