Do you guys think this is worth picking up?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Jake0604, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Jake0604 macrumors regular

2. bse5150 macrumors 6502

bse5150

If a Cube is something that you want, then by all means...

3. PowerMac G4 MDD macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

I wasn't able to see a price. Driving that far for any computers seems like a lot of trouble though. If you REALLY want it and it's a good price, go ahead! I personally only settle for CL deals that are in my general area.

4. reco2011 macrumors 6502a

It's no longer listed. Did you buy it? Or did the decision get made for you?

5. bunnspecial, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015

bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I guess I won't mention my trip from Louisville to Cincinnatti(1.5h each way) or the west side of Indianapolis(2.5h) to buy computers.

The Indy trip was for my dual 1ghz Quicksilver, and at the time driving was cheaper than the $50 it would have cost to to ship it.

The trip to Cincy was for the 15 G3 and G4 towers.

I once drove to far northern Indiana(close to Chicago, or 5h each way) to buy a watch...shipping is cheap on watches, but the watch itself was not cheap and I wanted to look at it in person(and make sure I was actually getting what I thought I was buying) before forking over the money.

I may be going to Cleveland in a few months to pick up a car load of free Macs. There are perks to that trip, though, as there's a gun store in the area that apparently will guarantee availability of certain impossible to find pistol powders if you give them a few days lead time. I'm to "situation critical" on Bullseye powder, and would drive across the country for an 8lb keg of it :)

I'll drive for a good deal :)

6. Jake0604 thread starter macrumors regular

It was $50 for a Cube with studio display and accessories.

Unfortunately the decision was made for me.

7. bse5150 macrumors 6502

bse5150

I assume the decision was to not get it. :(

8. PowerMac G4 MDD macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

Wow, that's a commitment! Hmm... a load of free Macs---that sounds curious ;).