Do you guys use Adsense?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Messy, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Messy macrumors 6502

2. Photics macrumors regular

I had a problem with AdSense...
    http://photics.com/a-warning-for-android-developers-that-use-adsense-for-content

I went looking for a replacement, but then I just pulled all advertisements off my website. AdBlocking is too popular, so I just replaced the banners with links to my apps.

The one nice thing about AdSense is that their ads were pretty. I had a lot of good game related ads on my site.

3. Gator24765, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011

Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

I am currently using adsense on my site. Just because it was the only ad site I had heard of.

Are there any other that are better out there?

Its not possible to have adwords and another company on the same site right?

BTW awesome website, that was totally worth the 5 minutes it took me to read it. lol

4. Messy thread starter macrumors 6502

Glad you liked. It made my Friday. :)

I'd imagine yea that google wouldnt approve a site with different ad suppliers.

Ive heard mixed reviews about the guys im using, the verdict is out, early days, we'l see how it turns out.

5. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

from what i gathered, adsense is pay per click advertising? there's also stuff like affiliate marketing where you get a % of sales made through your site's referral. such companies include amazon, commission junction, cpaleads, etc. there are really dozens if not hundreds of sites like these.

an example where you might have come across one of them and not realized it: you visit some review site, read the review, and at the bottom it shows a link saying "buy this product from amazon", or it gives you several links which compare prices of the same product between several stores. if the reader buys the product through one of those links, the website's owner gets commission. there are also ebooks, locked premium content sites (ex: fill out this survey to access restricted area/download our "free" ebook) so when a person fills out the survey, they get paid.

btw, from what i saw, your site is heavily image based (your posts are made in jpeg rather than plain text). if you're aiming at getting additional visitors to your site through search engines, then actual text would be your friend.

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

AdSense would need to approve your site first ... I am not looking to offend you but they may pass on that one.

lol ... I did find it quite funny ... entertaining read.

anyways IMO ... I think AdSpam is a waste and makes any site look like Google Crap.

7. Messy thread starter macrumors 6502

We have an account with Adsense already.

But yes, i've seen them pass on sites like these.