Do you guys use your Macbook unplugged mostly like an iPad?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 212rikanmofo, Apr 20, 2015.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

Since the new MacBook is so portable, I am curious to know will most of you guys use this thing like an iPad. Meaning only plug it in when you need to charge it?

Like if you were to take it out with you, would you treat it like a portable device like an iPad/iPhone?

2. lch6257 macrumors member

It varies. Depends on what i need to do, but I would not hesitate to take this lil beauty anywhere it is featherlight and has all the power a systems architect/developer needs. I work on it daily. No issues on this crazy busy Monday.

3. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Yes I would. I don't have one but after seeing it in the store it is portable like an iPad for sure.

4. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 65816

I just went to the Apple store to look at the watch, but then saw the new MacBook and was blown away, took my attention completely away from the watch. This thing is amazingly beautiful and sexy, and how it feels in your hand, omg. I came home, cancelled my order for the watch and placed an order for the new MacBook in Space Grey! Then I went over to look at the MacBook Air's and they immediately look so old and outdated. Amazing how Apple can make old designs look so outdated just like that.

This will definitely replace the iPad for me!

Now to find a nice, sexy case, messenger style bag for it to take it out with me.

5. lch6257 macrumors member

The rMB blows the doors of any iPad I have ever used. It is full blown laptop without the weight and size it is gorgeous and a joy to work on. Worth the $$$.

6. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't need an iPad anymore with the new MacBook. I have an iPhone 6+ which is fine and big enough for me for casual internet consumption and use. I'm extremely excited and can't wait to receive it. It's going to be a very long 4-6 weeks!

7. lch6257 macrumors member

You will love it. It is a really great machine. I am loving mine.

8. Theophil1971 macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

So far, yes. I plug it in to charge at night, and then use it all day long. I also use an iPad during the day, for reading, news, etc... while the macbook is for writing and work. Together, they make the perfect pair, and I haven't had any issues running out of battery yet.