Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmaracz88

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2003
Toronto, ON
Remember that game for the mac several years ago, based on the trek to the pacific, where you were a pilgrim right after the american revolution?

Yes, it sounds rather broad, but apparantly this game was very famous, and I am very interested in downloading it if it's shareware. The name of the game if anyone knows would be great. Thanks.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Duh, Oregon Trail! And i doubt you'll find anywhere to download it legally, since the company (Sierra IIRC) is still developing it.

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
Give him a break, he's from canada, and probably didn't have it installed on every computer in his elementary school. ;)

sonofslim

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2003
OT is still in development? is it, like, 3D cell-shaded graphics and networked multiplayer action? or am i asking too much?

Gaffa Bug

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2004
I played OT is grammar school... the mere mention of it brings back such a nostalgic feeling. You've got smallpox.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Call me yet another fellow who grew up on Oregon Trail, and I even had it installed on my Apple at home, so I could play through the night. I'll probably buy the new version some day, just to see how it's evolved since those days of 16 color graphics.

Hey, you've got to admit, it was about the only game you could play in grade school that not only involved fires, drowning, starvation, and pestilence, but also shooting things with a big ol' gun.

"Mary has Typhoid"

leftbanke7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
West Valley City, Utah
Wow, you guys actually got decent games? All I got was Wheel Of Fortune and some dumb game where some jack wad runs around for some stupid reason. As you can tell, it didn't make that much of an impression on me hense I don't remember the name of it.

Opteron

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2004
South Australia
Powerbook G5 said:
I remember playing it in Computers class in middle school every day. The only two good uses for the computers were that game and Tetris.

We had a game called "gold Rush" From memory on the Apple eII, you were a gold prospector during the 1850's Australian Gold rush.
Those we the days.

jakel

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2003
MO
Yes, Oregon Trail was a great game back in elementary school. But I also remember a math game called "Bomber" where you would do a page of math problems and then you would get to fly a plane and drop bombs on military targets like satelites and enemy airstrips. Each number of math problems you got correct would influence how much fuel and how many bombs and bullets you got to complete your mission.
It was a cool game, but what a violent way to learn addition!

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Brings back memories of elementary school. And yes, it was installed on EVERY computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.