Do you have a 15" Core i5 2.53Ghz MBP? (2010)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Queen of Spades, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Queen of Spades, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

If you happen to own a 2010 15" MacBook Pro, the 2.53Ghz Core i5 version, I have a question/favor to ask of you.

I recently picked one up secondhand for my sister, and it did not come with the install discs. A couple of people in the Marketplace might have the right discs they're willing to sell me, but we're not sure which disc version this computer originally shipped with.

The disc should say:

Mac OS version: 10.6.4
    Disc version: ?
    XXXXX-XXXX-X

I know it came with 10.6.4, and it was made in September 2010. If you happen to have this computer that shipped with 10.6.4, and you'd be willing to tell me what version your restore discs are, I'd greatly appreciate it. PM me please!

Here's a reference for the info I need from the install disc.

Thanks in advance!

2. Queen of Spades thread starter macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I know this is one of the less common configurations, still hoping someone can help me out on this. I know one of you lovely people must have this computer, PM me. I'm super nice. :)

3. bvanlieu macrumors member

Are you sure about the version?

http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...-2.53-aluminum-15-mid-2010-unibody-specs.html

I have a mid 2010 2.4 i5, and everymac jives with my restore disks: 10.6.3 is the version. My discs are version 1.2 2Z691-6690-A

- b

4. sevoneone macrumors 6502

Contact Apple. They will send you the correct disks based on the computer's serial number for a S&H fee. You'd be far better off having original disks if you or your sister ever decide to sell the laptop.

Another option, as long as 10.6.8 is currently installed, purchase Lion and follow an online guide to create your own restore media, like this one: http://lifehacker.com/5823096/how-to-burn-your-own-lion-install-dvd-or-flash-drive

Option B, of course, won't get you installers for iLife. Option A will, and if I remember right, if the original purchaser had purchased any Apple software pre-installed (like iWork), you'll get the disks for those as well.