Do you have a 3G iPhone yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsgreen, Jul 14, 2008.

?

So, do you have the iPhone in hand?

1. Yes - have it in hand

43 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. No - but ordered from ATT

16 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. No - Sold out everywhere

30 vote(s)
    31.9%
  4. No - not going to get one

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. jsgreen macrumors 6502

For those of you who did or will get one:

Yes - already have it
    No - but on order from AT&T
    No - sold out everywhere!

2. gts197 macrumors regular

No, hopefully by Thursday or Friday once the lines die down and stock is replenished.

3. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

First person at my local Apple store on release! Yup, I have one.

4. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Yes I have one in hand.I upgraded from the 1st iPhone and lovin it.3rd in line on release date.

5. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

No - every AT&T store around here is sold out and might not get them for a week or so. The Apple Store in Rancho Cucamonga (~30 mi) has plenty, but I don't know if I wanna spend the time (or gas) to get there. It's killing me though!! :(

6. gibbz macrumors 68030

Yep. I was the first to leave the AT&T store with one. Love it, despite some bugginess.

7. esco macrumors 6502

esco

8. Cuthbert macrumors regular

I'm waiting for the 32 gb to come out before christmas. That, and my sprint contract to run out.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No I don't have one, and don't really plan on getting one in the near future. I just got my iPhone in January and there really isn't a compelling reason for me to get the new one.

10. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

same. One thing I've not seen discussed is that anyone who buys an iphone 3G now will not be eligible for a subsidized upgrade when the next iphone comes out in a year. Since the difference between the 2G and the 3G is pretty small, I'm saving my upgrade and hoping for more substantial changes next year.

11. PAH Mac macrumors member

Nope, Sold out everywhere near me. I realize that there are probably logistical issues but I find it extremely annoying that Apple goes 2 months without selling an iPhone, creates a huge amount of pent-up interest, and then delivers insufficient stock just about everywhere. I am at the point now where it feels like I have been waiting so long for the damn phone that I will probably be disappointed if/when I can actually get my hands on one. I'm sure Apple is happy since they've sold a million already but it just seems dumb to have missed out on sales when they could have easily sold two or three million by now if they had adequate supplies. I was looking at the availability in a bunch of states online and it looks like outside of CA and NY, few states have any phones. Anyway, just another rant from a frustrated wanna-be iPhone buyer. I know, be patient.

12. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

13. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac