Do you have a data plan on your iPad? How much data do you usually use?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wineandcarbs, Jan 15, 2012.

1. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

Do you have a data plan on your iPad? How much data do you usually use?

2. The Sweet Love macrumors newbie

The Sweet Love

If you are wondering how much data you would use then try out this calculator. Make sure you select tablet as your device.

http://www.att.com/standalone/data-calculator/

3. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I used to have a data plan on my iPad and hovered around 1gb and less. I mostly just browsed and rarely watched any videos.

4. mooseknuckles macrumors member

5. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

I'm grandfathered in the unlimited plan. I usually use <2GB each month, epecially when not traveling, so could conceivably save the $5/mo by switching to the 2GB plan. However, one of the reasons I don't use more data is bc 3G frankly sucks for video streaming. Once an LTE ipad model ships I am pretty sure I'll do more streaming and eat more data. I just have to hope that I can bring the unlimited plan with me as I did from the iPad 1 to 2.

6. Bheleu macrumors 6502

With the soon to be released 4G

... It will inevitably be more, higher bandwidth available means Netflix and other streaming will detect higher bandwidth and send higher quality video, etc. thru. Hope we still have unlimited data at $30/mo with the iPad 3.

7. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! That's really helpful. I was actually just curious how many use a data plan and how many use wifi only. But this calculator is helpful for future reference. TY.