Do you have a stand or notebook pad for your MacBook Pro??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by burningrave101, Mar 16, 2008.

1. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

I would kinda like to buy a stylish stand or pad to sit my MBP on at my desk to help protect the bottom of it. I don't want something that props it up too high or something that looks like cheap plastic. Nothing with fans either. Maybe something aluminum or hard plastic. Any suggestions?

2. camflan macrumors member

I have an mstand, its great. I wanted to get my computer off my desk for ergonomic reasons, but also for heat dissapation, more airflow around the bottom makes me feel better.

Plus, now it sits at a much nicer level with my external widescreen

3. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

No stand or pad here, I just use it flat on a table...

4. maceleven macrumors 6502

Numero uno

Belkin laptop cooling stand model #F5L001

Attached Files:

• cc.jpg
      cc.jpg
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Views:
  5. squaros macrumors member

squaros

I also use the mstand and agree with everything above. I've seen several comments stating that because of the design, the notebook has to be lifted off of the stand to open the screen. I don't have this problem. It's a bit if a tight squeeze to get to the latch, but not that bad. Overall, it's a nice stand.

6. sadilak macrumors member

Even though it is a waste of money, if you are really bent on wasting your money on a stand, you can get the stylish Logitech Keyboard + Stand combo

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

8. dopey220 macrumors 6502

dopey220

My MBP setup includes a Griffin Elevator stand and an Apple wireless keyboard (the old one, with a number pad). I got the stand so I could use the computer at my desk without being hunched over it. That hurts my back after awhile.

9. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

10. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

11. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

I don't have this, but saw it online:

http://www.bluelounge.com/spacestation.php

looks to incorporate a bit of lift and cord management/USB hub. If anyone has pics of their comp hooked up to this dock, I would appreciate a post. Also, if anyone has any good dock/life set up that is novel, I would appreciate that, too. I have dug through the set up thread(s), but was wondering if anyone had some good ideas that either weren't up there, or just specific to lifting/docking the MBP, that would be good.

12. calvy macrumors 65816

13. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I use the Coolermaster laptop cooler. While it works fairly well, and does what I purchased it for, I'm not overly impressed with it, as I have come to the conclusion that the fans are unnecessary. I've since purchased Griffin Elevator that should be here next week. At least this way I'll have space below it to stow away my keyboard when it's not in use, and will recover the USB port used to power the fans on the cooler.

14. Azmordean macrumors 6502

I was wondering about this myself. Specifically, I am wondering if anyone has been able or has tried to use the BookEndz dock WITH one of these stands. I like the idea of the stand because it raises the laptop enough to allow effective dual monitoring with an external LCD. Also there are the cooling benefits.. but I love the idea of the BookEndz because I want to be able to go from "desktop mode" to "laptop mode" fast, with a minimum of hassle and cable clutter.

15. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

That's good. I like that answer.

Myself I use an iLap and I love it. You need to evaluate your needs though as the mStand may be better for you. I prefer the iLap as my needs often include using it while sitting on chairs with no desk in front of me and sometimes in bed. If you need something static or will have a keyboard to use, then the mStand may better fit your needs. Both are quality products.

16. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Make that two dictionaries and two thesauruses. Also, I have a library card.