Do you have an iPhone, Mac and iPad?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by forza69, Oct 28, 2013.

1. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Just wanted to get an idea of how many people have all 3 of Apple's most popular devices.
    I have the iPhone and rMBP and I'm thinking of picking up the new iPad Air. If you have all 3, what is your reasoning behind having them all? Do you regret buying one of them?

2. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

I have all 3 and some more..... And no I don't regret it at all.... Go for it, I say.

3. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

I have a MBP, iPhone 4s, and got given an iPad Mini for Christmas. I love all three, and use all three an equal amount. I didn't think I'd use my iPad, but I use it a LOT. I use it typically if I'm in the lounge and want to do a bit of web surfing / emails / browse for apps etc without going into the office where my MBP is.

I think you'd be like me and you don't realise how much you would actually use it until you have it.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I work on my Mac .

iPhone is on the go. Phone and daily stuff. Connecting with friends etc Mobile MBP.

iPad for books, photography, and stuff.

btw This question has been asked before.. Basically if you see yourself using your iPhone a lot but need to read books, watch movies, and whatever else then get the iPad. I use mine when I don't want to carry my MBP.

I don't regret buying them. Every gadget I purchase I have to justify buying them. Will it fit my needs? What I like about the iPad is that there are some apps that just look better on it than the iPhone. Movies and some gaming. The only thing I wish that it had was more space. HD Apps are huge. Oh and Apple compressed the photos with iOS7 not cool.

5. forza69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

I see you do have quite the collection haha
    I have the rMBP, 5s, AirPort Extreme and an Apple TV. I think I still have a 60GB video iPod and 4GB iPod Mini laying around somewhere.
    It's just that I've never had an iPad for more than a few days, only iPhone's and recently a Mac. I'm trying to think of things I could do on the iPad that I can't do on my iPhone and Mac and I can't really think of any. Kinda hurts justifying spending $650 on one you know?

6. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

I'm not sure what you're into, but I also use mine for watching movies from my computer. I have an app called Air Video Server (there's another app called Plex), and they can stream movies that are on your computer to your iPad.

7. forza69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

I think if I received one of my devices as a gift, it would make buying another a little easier. Unfortunately I'm on my own when it comes to these expensive devices. Anyway, there are some apps that I would enjoy a lot more on an iPad. Reading would also be more enjoyable. I've never been one to watch movies on portable devices as I love my HDTV, but something like Netflix would be nice on long car rides.

I want to start reading more and iBooks on Mavericks and the iPhone is pretty lame because of the size and weight. The iPad would be ideal.. I also remember playing "The Room" on the iPad and it was amazing. (if you guys haven't played it I strongly recommend it)
    Ha, I didn't think I was going to change my mind so quickly. Looks like I will definitely be picking up the 32GB Air.

8. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

I have an :apple: tv, a MacBook Air, an iMac, iPhone 5s and iPad 2 (soon-to-become iPad Air).
    I don't regret any purchase and I LOVE how everything is neatly synced through iCloud. I create an appointment on my iPhone and without doing anything, it is on my iMac. Apple sucked me in their ecosystem bubble and it feels warm in here so I don't want to leave. Ever. :eek:

9. Htin macrumors regular

Htin

I have :

iMac for home usage
    iPad for movies on the go especially when travelling abroad
    iPhone duh
    MBA for work on the go

Its great.

10. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

11. amseven macrumors newbie

12. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

iPad I didn't buy, but was given as a gift and I really appreciate it more then anything else I have been given....

I travel a lot for work and I was in the habit of taking my MBP everywhere, and it is heavy (15"). iPhone of course goes with me wherever I go. But after I got given an iPad, I do not carry my MBP anymore. In my line of work I can store artworks and documents on my iPad, which is sufficient for my needs and presenting it to people I meet with. I can store movies, books to read and of course catch up on news. Then there is iMessage, FaceTime, Mail, Skype, etc etc for ease of communication.

On personal level, the iPad changed my browsing habits. I was using my iPhone for light browsing OR had to fire up my MBP for heavy browsing. But with iPad, i can do heavy browsing on my iPad and leave my MBP at work.

If you get an iPad, you will find you will start using that as your choice for browsing and reading stuff quite a lot. iPhone screen is too small for extended reading and browsing, specially if you are getting on of age (like I am) and eyesight is no longer as good as it used to be..

For me iPad is really the best addition to my collection of Apple's... so much so that I bought one for my wife and she too is well pleased. It's the only thing I have done right, since I have been married.... so she says....:D

I am well pleased.... Its the best $$$'s I NEVER spent....

13. Pinkie Pie macrumors regular

Yes, but my iPad hasn't been getting much love lately, and I stopped using it for anything but web browsing and iBooks a while back.

14. yep-sure macrumors 6502

yep-sure

I have an iPhone 5, iPad 2, an iMac and a MacBook Air.

I regret buying the iPad. It doesn't get any use.

The iMac, while I love it, is also unnecessary. Had I bought the Air first, I wouldn't own an iMac.

15. zeego, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013

zeego macrumors newbie

zeego

I have all 3 as well. Don't regret any of the purchases, although I had mine in the order of; iPhone, MBP, iPad. I didn't used to think I really needed or had much use for iPad, but I was mistaken. I absolutely love my iPad and if anything now that I have it, but MBP gets used less. Don't get me wrong, I still use and love my MBP, but a lot of quick things or browsing I know find myself just grabbing my iPad instead of opening up my MacBook.

In my opinion no Apple purchase could be a bad or regrettable one. Each device has it's purpose and I find a use for all mine.

Just my .02

16. borostef macrumors 6502

borostef

Mac Mini, MacBook, iPhone 5, iPad 4... Love them all...:D

17. Seniordan macrumors regular

I usually have all 3. I sold my iPad Mini before the announcement so I'm waiting to get an Air on the 1st!

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

In my household, there are 2 iPhone 5, 1 iPhone 4, 1 20" iMac (2007), 1 MBP (2008), 1 27" iMac (2010).

19. elistan macrumors 6502a

I have all three.
    iPhone for when I'm making calls, or out of the house.
    iPad for when I'm hanging out on the couch.
    iMac for when I'm working at my desk, or working with files.

20. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Had, yes. Swapped the iPhone for a S4 though.

Mac and iPad aren't going anywhere but need replacing. I'm thinking a rMBP and Mini 2 though my wallet isn't ready for that kind of pain at the moment :p

The iPad was the only one difficult to justify purchasing. Even now I think a tablet is completely unnecessary for me. The S4 is good enough for casual browsing and I have a Kindle for actual reading.

21. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

In our house;

2 iPhones. 2 iPads. 2 MacBooks. A Mac Mini. An Apple TV. An iPod Classic. 2 iPod Nanos.

11 products. Seamless integration. Zero regrets.

22. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I have currently iMac 27" MBA 13" iPhone 5s iPod Classic iPhone Nano Red.

I gave my granddaughter my iPad and my iPhone 4s.

The iPad never really worked for me it was just to big for everyday, you need a bag to carry it, if I'm going to carry something then it's going to be MBA.

23. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

I have all 3...plus more....use them all for different reasons.

24. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Have all of them and then some. All have their purposes.

25. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

I will

soon...if I buy another Mac after the purchase of the iPad Air, it will be the MBA when it is retina.

My Mac usage is waning, even more since school went belly up this past weekend. I love using Macs, but my realistic usage is saying otherwise.