Do you have buyer's remorse after getting your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kajoob, Aug 11, 2010.

1. kajoob macrumors member

kajoob

2. alaskahill macrumors newbie

No remorse here. It use it many times a day for many things that I used to use my Touch for and my Macbook pro for.

3. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Very strange article. Have an iPhone 4 and still use the iPad just as much. They are for different things. I don't make phone calls on the iPad and I don't view full websites or read books on the iPhone. I do wish some apps would hurry up and update for the iPad, but that's a long way from stopping using the iPad.

4. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Remorse

Absolutely not. I love the Ipad and so does my wife, son, his wife and a good friend. They all got one after I did and it is great fun and easy with which to use and work. If Ipad2 does more I will get that also.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

That poll is open to anybody and meaningless since all the haters can vote negative even though they have never seen an iPad.

6. poloponies macrumors 68030

It's hard to find a "fresh" angle on an iPad story these days. Most writers like to adopt the John Dvorak "take a controversial position and get noticed" approach. Not to dismiss his personal opinion but it's hardly indicative of a widespread rejection of the iPad.

After a few months I still have a sense of wonder using the iPad. I recently took it on a vacation overseas to a few countries where the iPad had not yet been released and not a single person who saw it and used it said "is that all?" It was the ideal travel device; great for a movie or book on the plane, useful for emails and maps/GPS and general surfing.

7. i-Want-Apples macrumors regular

I was incredibly nervous after buying the iPad that I would have remorse. I researched it and really thought about it before buying it and then wait two days to open it even after I bought it because I was so nervous.

However, after using it and having it for a few weeks now, I can say I have absolutely no regret at all. I have used it every single day since buying it and hardly put it down. I really don't even need my computer that much anymore because just about everything I need to do can be done on the iPad, with a few exceptions.

It all depends on what you want to use it for, but the amount of apps and variety of things you can do is just awesome. I have desktop computers, laptops, netbooks, iPod Touch, Blackberry, etc. So I was concerned that I wouldn't need it or use it that much, but it is my go to device.

I have never bought any movies/shows from iTunes and I've not put any of my own movies on, but I have quite a few that I downloaded for free from iTunes. I've found that it is so enjoyable to watch shows and movies on there that I'm going to get Netflix just so I can watch movies, TV series, etc. that I have missed over the years.

I've had the iPad for just over two weeks now and despite being very fearful I would regret it after buying it, I can say, at this point in time, I am absolutely 100% satisfied with my purchase.

8. techguy1 macrumors regular

No remorse at all.
    I just made a trip from Sth London to Cheshire to see family and stopped a couple of times on the motorway services for a coffee etc. Pulled out the iPad and all of a sudden had a group of strangers asking what I thought of it and could they 'have a go' .. they were all impressed with the speed and ease of use.

Arrived in Cheshire and could't get my hands on MY iPad, every member of the family wanted it.
    Its a great ice breaker in so many situations in addition to being an amazing piece of technology .. its definitely a keeper for me.

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

iPad can be used a full day on battery, pretty much no smartphone can.

10. shen macrumors 6502

remorse: deep regret

yep. i regret that we only got one and end up fighting over it....

11. nickafc1903 macrumors newbie

12. jimHdk macrumors regular

That poll is completely bogus. As has been said it is open to anyone regardless of whether they even have an iPad. It's unlikely that someone who has tired of their iPad and is really not using it anymore would bother to fill out the poll. Why would they even be looking at iPad articles? On the other hand, if one has an anti-Apple agenda (there are plenty of such people), they'd love to get in a jab.

13. pdhahn macrumors member

The only thing I regret is not getting the 32gb instead of the 16gb. I never thought I would use it as much as I do. I've started loading it up with apps, pictures, and podcasts and I feel like I could have used the extra space.

14. akapaul macrumors member

akapaul

15. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I really do not get those who say the iPhone 4 has "degraded" their iPad experience or caused them to stop using the iPad entirely. I guess that's because I bought them for completely different reasons and use them for totally different things.

I loved my original iPhone. I love my iPhone 4. It plays music, there's a few games I like on it in spite of the tiny screen, it's great for reading a few pages in a waiting room, it's terrific for looking something up when you're out and about, Navigon is useful for getting me where I need to go. And the camera on the new phone is just ***** amazing.

But if I had to give one of the two up, it would be the phone. My iPad at this point replaces 90% of the functions my laptop used to provide. No "killer apps"? Huh. Interesting. I can't figure out how I ran my life before Notebooks for iPad (actually, I can, it was just a lot less organized!) Epicurious and Betty Crocker accomplished something no mere cookbook has--we've made at least a dozen totally new recipes since getting the iPads, and suddenly there's a lot more variety at dinner. Games are WAY better on the iPad than the iPhone. The photo editing I can do on an iPad with Filterstorm isn't quite as good as on the MBP with Photoshop CS4, but it's light years better than what I can do on the iPhone (though that's still pretty impressive). And yes, I do a fair amount of writing on the iPad both directly and with the wireless keyboard. Notebooks and MaxJournal are both stellar at that in their own ways, and apps like SoundPaper are outstanding for capturing notes in meetings or at workshops/conferences. All of that is just a small sampling of what I use on a daily basis on this thing.

Yeah, there's plenty to improve on...printing, multitasking, document handling all come to mind. It's not perfect. But stop using it due to the ip4? Those who find that happening either bought the iPad for the wrong reasons, or they probably haven't made a whole lot of effort to see what the iPad is capable of beyond watching video.

16. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

No. Still use it heaps every day. You need to have a good idea why use it's going to be put to before you buy it.

17. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

Nope.

In fact, I seem to appreciate it more everyday.

18. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

No!

I can actually do some work on my iPad. It's very difficult to type out a long letter on the iPhone, but I rather enjoy doing it on the iPad. And making a Keynote presentation on the iPhone? Fuggedaboutit.

19. aristobrat macrumors G4

Nope.

My iPad wasn't an impulse buy (which is unusual for me and new tech :eek:). I bought it to fill some pretty specific needs (mostly work related), and months later, it's still doing a great job.

If anything, I'm now more comfortable with its pros and cons, and am using it for a lot more things that what I originally bought it for. Most surprising to me is that on short trips, I bring it instead of my MBP. :)

20. marcovortex macrumors member

marcovortex

Best product ever imho

Got the iPad at launch. Love it more today than when I got it. Living in Canada but making trips to the USA and having access to cheap data while there is amazing!
    Had an iPhone 4 as well. Felt there was some over lap between the two products and found it hard to justify both (not a ton of extra money here) so back to the apple store the phone went. This isn't to knock the iPhone 4. It's just when I had to decide between the two, it was an easy decision for me to make.
    iOS4 soon please 8)

21. sheepopo39 macrumors 6502

Nope, I definitely do not have buyer's remorse. I think it was a great purchase. :)

22. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

I ditched my iPhone 4 for my ipad haha!

Nah, Im abroad so I don't use my iPhone ATM due to heavy call charges. I still use them just as much as I used to.

23. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Most of those people probably just play with Facebook 12+ hours a day...which the iPhone is perfect for.

Personally, I do not have an iPhone...but I do have a smart phone...and this question is basically asking if I could do with out one of my hands. The ipad is my left hand...and the phone is my right hand...and I frequently am using BOTH at the same time!!

The iPad is also my copilot in the car...and my walk around computer. The iPhone 4 would be cool to have...but as others have stated, it is too small to be a computer replacement, which I use my iPad for at the house on a daily basis, using full computers only when really necessary.

24. Touchstone64 macrumors regular

Nope. No, no, no.

Love it. Even more than I thought I would :)

25. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

Nope but then again I never paid for mine. My work did lol.