Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
just wondering do you guys for example with the SS do you use like a sport band for a gym and say milanese for general work and going out or do you normally keep the same band for all things you do on a daily basics?

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Green sport band in the gym

Black sport band for work

Black leather loop for other situations

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
I don't go to the gym, but I do switch bands for work and school! I just picked up the Milanese loop for school and weekends and I have my old sport band for work!

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2014
I just can't see myself changing the bands so much. I would love to get another (blue, white or green) but don't know if the green would be appropriate for the gym and work

Have the black sport now

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
I don't go to the gym, but I do bicycle a lot. For long, sweaty workout rides I will switch to my blue sport band. Sometimes I wear it when I'm not exercising as well. Just depends on what I'm wearing and where I'm going.

My default band is a nice brown leather strap from Clockwork Synergy. That's what I usually wear to work, but I also wear a black leather loop knockoff quite often. It's so quick and easy to change bands, and I figure they will all last longer if I alternate between them... Especially switching to the sport band when I know I will get sweaty.

vintimus

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2012
I have a few different sports bands for working out, then a few different bands for work. Mostly 3rd party bands

exxxviii

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2015
I change bands all the time on a whim. I have two OE Apple sport bands, and a complete set of colors for sport and leather loop knock-off bands. Plus I have a good space gray link clone. I only work out in sport bands.

Last edited:

rhyme

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2013
Milanese for day-to-day use and exercise, Modern Buckle for dressing up when the colour matches my clothes nicely (Milanese is also dressy, but feels more robust and stays tighter during exercise).

I also change my watchface from time to time. My default, day-to-day watchface is Modular, but I will sometimes change the colour to match my clothes, and sometimes switch to the animated watchfaces if I am going for a dressy look.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Black sport bad for working out, golfing and swimming. Link bracket from Apple for suit and business dress unless black and then classic black leather band. Classic black band is the most often worn band for me. Picked up two bands from ClockWorkSynergy and highly recommend them because the lug choice gives you a better look without a gap. Picked up a blue leather band and dark brown leather/suede band. Very solid!

mbaturin

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Southern NJ
Kind of went all out. Black sports band for tennis/workouts. Black leather loop as my everyday band. Milanese loop for special occasions.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
I have a Milanese Loop that I wear 100% of the time. But I also have a blue sports band that is collecting dust because I'm lazy.

Bbqthis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2015
Bay Area, CA
Black sport band for exercise (sometimes daily use), blue classic buckle clone for the average day, and milanese loop for dress.

iKnowMr.Jobs

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2010
Absolutely, as much as I love the Black Sport Band, at the end of the day, its a rubber band that's on my wrist, which is something I don't feel very comfortable with in class and at work. I bought a black Monowear leather band to wear when I'm not exercising and I'm pretty satisfied with it. The sport band only gets worn for exercise.

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
I just can't see myself changing the bands so much. I would love to get another (blue, white or green) but don't know if the green would be appropriate for the gym and work
Agreed. I have the black leather and black sport. I just leave the black sport on most all the time. It is sleek enough for work and play that I just leave it on. Guess I don't run in the crowds where anyone would notice anyway.

SG94

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2015
Sheffield UK
Change my band all the time, I have 15! Haha. Depends what mood I'm in, and after an initial splurge of buying straps I now only really wear maybe 3 or 4. Sports band for golf/Gym/Hockey, blue leather loop/normal leather with buckle for work.
:)

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
one question guys

When I buy my apple watch how long do I have to get apple care is it 60 days? and If I didn't have apple care and I had an accident would I be able to take it to the apple store and take out apple care after even though there was some damage?

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
one question guys

When I buy my apple watch how long do I have to get apple care is it 60 days? and If I didn't have apple care and I had an accident would I be able to take it to the apple store and take out apple care after even though there was some damage?

1. Yes.
2. Technically, no.

If you are worried about #2, get Apple Care right away.

GaryNoine

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2015
Atlanta
So far for me it's just the black sport band for everything. I think it looks 'professional' enough for my work attire (business casual)

Last edited:

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
just wondering do you guys for example with the SS do you use like a sport band for a gym and say milanese for general work and going out or do you normally keep the same band for all things you do on a daily basics?

Black Sport for activity based stuff, home, etc.
Milanese - work (I wear dress clothes every day)

Jnava420

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Originally I purchased the space black link apple watch, with in a month or two I had gotten 2 sport bands (white, black) and the rest of the bands made by Apple except the modern buckle that is only made for the 38mm. The plan was to swap out daily favoring the Link for the weekends. A new job which requires working with my hands makes me use my black sport band, work and pure laziness, if I don't plan on going anywhere after work I don't see a point in swapping bands. I feel like it comes down to being scared we will damage our bracelets which aren't cheap by any means. I've hit my watch and its screen enough times now tho I don't worry about that being damaged, it's a beast. I got a screen protector and a candy shell case, I left the case at home a few times and the screen protector got caught on cardboard and ripped off one day. Ive let it go naked for over a month now and can't find a blemish anywhere.

wchigo

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2015
Yep, definitely switch between bands.

Black Sports Band (came with the Watch) for the gym, though that's likely going to have to be replaced soon since it's peeling all over the place.

Black and Brown Leather Loops for all the other times. I used to use the Black purely when at work (I'm required to wear suit and tie for work) and Brown on the weekends, but now I don't stick to any set plan like that. I switch weekly a lot now, sometimes more often.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.