Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Do You Have Experience With Unlocker Team?

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
hi guys.

somebody i know accidentally upgraded the iPhone 3G to 3.1.3. because i am the first one in the group to have an iPhone, i am now the designated iPhone Guru (well, that is what they think anyway).

i was reading Blackra1n.org and it had a link to this website of Unlocker Team.

Do you guys know if this is legit? Thanks for your input.

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
hi guys.

somebody i know accidentally upgraded the iPhone 3G to 3.1.3. because i am the first one in the group to have an iPhone, i am now the designated iPhone Guru (well, that is what they think anyway).

Hoax, scam and less legit than a African dictator saying he was elected to do good for his country and people. If you have updated your baseband to 05.12.01 you are S.O.L.

Edit: You can jailbreak a 3G on 3.1.3 but you can't unlock

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Fyi

There are two trusted jb groups George hotz & the Dev-team I wouldn't trust any other. As there guru you need to know this. Also the best tutorials are at iclarified.com

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hoax, scam and less legit than a African dictator saying he was elected to do good for his country and people. If you have updated your baseband to 05.12.01 you are S.O.L.

Edit: You can jailbreak a 3G on 3.1.3 but you can't unlock

Unless you have an original issue 3G, after jailbreak use Cydia to try Fuzzyband. Only works for 10% of the 3G phones

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
hi guys.

If you were the designated iphone guru you wouldnt have
upgraded to 3.1.3 :D

tommyyoung

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2010
Unlock !! IT

I use their tools and worked on my iphone 3GS 3.1.3 baseband 5.12

excuse for my English :):apple:

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
hi guys.

Problem is you went to the wrong site. Blackra1n.org has nothing to do with Geohot or the actual blackra1n program. So of course it is going to lead you to a phony unlock site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.