Do YOU have good battery life? Post your tweaks

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nrwrit3r, May 23, 2011.

1. Nrwrit3r, May 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011

Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Hey, just wondering what people with good battery life have on their phones?

Something is killing mine and I can't figure it out, so if people list what I have (or are missing some tweak that I have) then I may be able to pinpoint it.

So, if you have good battery life please post exactly what tweaks/apps you have/use.

I was told to post my pkgs/apps, here they are:

Activator
    Airplane SBSettings
    AndroidLockXT
    AppList
    APT . HTTPS Method
    Backgrounder
    BigBoss Icon Set
    biteSMS
    Cydia Installer
    Cydia Translations
    Erica Utilities
    Fake ClockUP
    Five Icon Dock
    HTC Plugin for LockInfo
    iKeyex3
    iSHSit
    libdisplaystack
    LibWeather
    LockInfo
    LockToDo
    Mobile Substrate
    My3G
    PkgBackup
    SBRotator 4.x
    SBSettings
    sbsettingstoggles
    Serious SBSettings HD
    Snappy
    SnapTap
    SpringFlash
    TetherMe
    TetherMe APN Editing
    USer Agent Faker

2. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

I have good battery life at least partially due to Backgrounder- let's me control which app backgrounds when.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

maybe you should post your tweaks instead might be faster. Tons of threads about battery life that can provide useful info. not trying to be mean here, just seams like your taking the long road instead of the short one.

4. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

I had lousy battery life until the IOS 4.0 upgrade came out. That seemed to fix my woes and I haven't taken another upgrade since. My battery went from horrible to great - that much difference and I've been afraid to test fate again.

Before, the upgrade I read tons of threads on the issue and tried everything without success. i don't know that there is necessarily anything magical in that upgrade - I just think the iPhone if fickle and this just happened to do the trick for me. Your mileage may vary, batteries not included and some assembly is required.

5. Wzbell macrumors newbie

decent battery life

I have decent life but that's just I have the icase with an extra battery. It just about doubles it and is a decent case too.

6. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Screen brightness and 3G are two of the biggest killers of battery life, probably more important than which tweaks people are using. I'm a pretty heavy user and I've had full brightness on since day 1. With 3G off but wifi on all day, I get about 12-16 hours before I flip on my mophie. It makes the phone big and bulky, but doesn't bother me really.

7. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Just basic stuff...

- turn off 3g only until you need it
    - use wifi whenever possible instead of edge or 3g
    - 40% brightness with auto-brightness enabled
    - remove background applications toggle on sbsettings
    - turn off bluetooth / wifi when not using them
    - don't play video games
    - only manually get your email

8. mstrze macrumors 68000

Ditto the basics, although I don't go into shutting off 3G and the like. Of course I am not JB, so I can't relate on all the various apps and processes runing.

-I do have lower brightness (typically to around the 'i' in the word) with auto brightness turned on.

-Bluetooth is turned off...I never use it.

I wouldn't say I do anything else out of the ordinary, but the other suggestions would surely get you longer battery life.

I charge every night when I get home from work for about 2 hours or so. I am usually down to 75% or so when I do that. If I wanted to, I can (and have) gone 2 days before needing a charge.

(iPhone 3G running 4.2.1)

9. djstile macrumors regular

My battery life is about 4-5 hours of semi-constant use with various JB'ed apps. I keep my brightness all the way up a lot of the time and 3G on all of the time unless WiFi is on and generally keep WiFi off and Bluetooth off. I only used the iP4 without a JB on it for the amount of time from its release date until the first JB was released. I'm currently trying to go through my apps to see if any cause more of a battery drain than others, but in the meantime, some accessories MIGHT help you depending on your situation.

I have a made2dock dock on my desk at home and at work. The one I have fits an iPhone in a case (currently using the Speck case with the pattern on the back, forget the exact case) and it fits perfectly. I also have a ProClips holder that charges the phone, also while its in the case, in my car. The ProClip holds the phone facing me so I can see who's calling as well as charging it. I know neither of these will help if you're out and about all day or don't have a car or a desk at work, but they do help battery life if you just plop the phone in either dock whenever your at either desk or in the car.

(Sorry this is kind of off topic, just figured it would help)