Do you have problems with Yosemite or not?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by omnisphere, Dec 7, 2014.

?

Do you have problems with Yosemite or not?

1. Yes

53.4%
  2. No

46.6%
  1. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

2. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

3. nylon macrumors 65816

nylon

Yosemite is buggy no doubt. Give it some time to mature.

4. Sangoma macrumors member

Had many problems after upgrading from Mavericks. Now trying with a clean install

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

I've had nothing that I can think of since the public release. Now, during the public beta, there were plenty of problems, but that was sort of the point.

6. interstella macrumors regular

interstella

Fair enough but we'll just get to the stage where it's pretty good then Apple will replace it with something else and we'll start all over again.

7. boast macrumors 65816

boast

Nope. All my bug reports were fixed during beta.

8. HenryDJP macrumors 603

No cause it's your choice to upgrade. People are still using Mavericks without issue.

9. eimeria macrumors member

No problems at all. Been running completely smoothly. However, I did not upgrade some of my older Macs that I did not think would handle the upgrade well (eg. Late 2009 MBP).

10. jdphoto macrumors 6502

jdphoto

Responded yes, but it's only because I have some problems with non-Apple Wifi networks where I have to turn wifi off and then on again for it to connect. Otherwise though it's doing great, especially with Handoff/Continuity features.

11. n-evo macrumors 65816

n-evo

iTunes doesn't respect the graphite appearance in the sense two of three stoplight buttons are still red and yellow respectively. Beyond that I don't have any issues.

I voted "no".

Attached Files:

12. Brocksley macrumors member

Brocksley

Wi-Fi still drops a hundred times a day while on my University's WPA2 Enterprise Network. So, yeah. I have problems.

13. Obibob macrumors member

mac pro 1.1 2.1

got my mac pro 1.1 from ebay it was suppose to be runing mav but was runing snow lep up graded to lion then to mav now running Yosemite
    have 4 hd 2 500gb 2 2tb hd 1is boot drive can boot into lion mavericks or Yosemite as all os on one drive no problems

Model Name: Mac Pro
    Model Identifier: MacPro2,1
    Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2,66 GHz
    Number of Processors: 2
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 10 GB
    Bus Speed: 1,33 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MP21.007F.B06
    SMC Version (system): 1.7f10

will eventually upgrade ram to 32 gb & upgrade Processors to 2 quad core 3 ,00 ghz
    at this moment all runing like a dream

14. Zeos macrumors 6502

Yes, much more than ever on all three Macs we own. On three of three Macs, nearly every morning it appears there has been an overnight kernel panic and reboot; plus sudden bombing and reboots during the day now. This is getting ridiculous. :mad:

From an App Developer:
    "The software quality has taken such a nosedive in the last few years that I'm deeply concerned for its future," said Marco Arment, co-founder of Tumblr, Instapaper and Overcast, in a blog post. "I fear that Apple's leadership doesn't realize quite how badly and deeply their software flaws have damaged their reputation." cnnfn.com

15. Meister Suspended

Meister

Safari is faster than any browser ever, but displays a certificate error now.

16. Zeos macrumors 6502

The maturing timeframe is just several months per OS X version. By the time Yosemite "matures" we're on to the next buggy version of OS X. On goes the cycle. Not sure I will be willing to pay the price premium for Mac computers in the future.

17. retinaimac macrumors member

retinaimac

18. h9826790 macrumors G4

h9826790

I have only one main issue so far. The HD7950's driver is far from trouble free in Yosemite, flickering occur when VRAM frequency change (this is relatively minor, can be fixed by making a custom ROM to lock the VRAM clock speed), and very buggy in Safari (this is the major issue, it freeze the whole system which makes Safari totally unusable).

19. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Yes. But that goes for every Apple OS ever released (well, the ones that I've used anyway).

20. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

Orientation

Site certificates

If there's a problem (or error) with the certificate for a supposedly service (not necessarily a web site) to which the user is taken, then it's proper, normal for an alert to appear. An extreme example: Certificate errors constantly! (2014-11-06) – I'll add something there later today.

Declines

Discussion of that blog post is under Apple’s Software Quality Decline.

21. jfalberti macrumors member

jfalberti

No problems here

I'm running it on a 2007 MacBook Pro with 6 GB RAM, and a 2006 Mac Pro with 24 GB RAM and it runs fine on both of them. Mac Pro is kinda beefy, and it runs really well there.

22. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

Overall, haven't had any problems. There is improved performance, especially for older macs. It fixes a few bugs in Mavericks and introduces a few of its own.

23. afsnyder macrumors 65816

I have a problem with the graphics being choppy but the functionality is still there and it looks great despite animation choppiness (only in some cases tho).