Do you have this Alarm 'bug'?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by darwiniandude, May 20, 2015.

?

Is Apple crazy?

1. No, my alarms sync between phone and watch.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yep, watch alarms are separate and don't display on phone.

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Alarms are separate and I love it that way, Apple knows best.

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. darwiniandude macrumors member

Got my 42mm SS LINK today - love it!

But the Alarm function is bizarre.
    Alarms I create on the phone, or via Siri on the phone, sound in both places.
    Alarms I create on the watch, or via Siri on the watch, only sound on the watch.

The alarm list is separate between devices.

I've unpaired and rebooted phone and repaired.

I seem to recall my wife's watch showed her iPhone alarms in its watch app. Am I crazy? Is Apple crazy? Is my watch crazy?

2. roddenshaw macrumors 6502

My alarm lists and alerts are completely separate, which I find annoying since the iPhone alarm is considerably louder than my AW alarm.

3. darwiniandude thread starter macrumors member

I'm happy to shave iPhone alarms sound in both places, but I've usually created alarms via Siri on the phone. So it's strange that creating alarms via Siri on the watch doesn't seem to put them on the phone. What if I'm not wearing the watch when the alarm goes off?

I'll examine the behaviour of my wife's watch when I get home.

4. roddenshaw macrumors 6502

Looking at the 'clock' settings I think your watch is exhibiting normal behaviour. There is an option to 'push alerts from iPhone' (which can be turned off), but no option to push alerts from the watch or to sync alarm lists.

5. darwiniandude thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I think you're right - it looks like this sync feature doesn't exist.

True story:
    I'm catching the train home for a change. I realise I have to wake up earlier than normal to catch the train back to work in the morning where my car is.

Leaving the station, I raise my wrist "Hey Siri, wake me up at 6AM" and see the alarm appear.

6AM will roll around, but my watch will be on charge, not on my wrist. Will the watch be loud enough for me to hear it? I guess I'll find out at 6AM!

*pulls iPhone out of pocket and holds home button* "Wake me up at 6:05AM"

I'd like this option to sync :)

6. roddenshaw macrumors 6502

That's exactly the sort of scenario I have been faced with. 'Hey Siri' won't work on my iPhone while I'm wearing the watch (which makes sense), but I used to use that feature at home or in the car to set alarms without undocking my iPhone. I expect a sync option will be added at some point.

I have found that the audible watch alarm is loud enough to wake me up, but only just. I wouldn't rely on it.