Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
Creases in the upper corners of your screen on the black portion of the glass.

It is only noticeable with a light source shining from behind you. You may have to tilt your screen to see it.

It's almost like taking a clear piece of plastic and folding it. It has that effect. You can't feel it, and you really can't see it unless you have a light source behind you.

I found the following thread by googling it. It seems that a few others have this issue. Do you?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4982772

aarongrooveremt

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2014
I can say i see that as well. After going back into the apple store today to get a cover and keyboard cover they are all the same..... no biggie! enjoy :)

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
"Admit"??? - these are public forums, not Apple Support/PR/Media.

<perhaps> (like me), readers so far have no experience of the issue you are talking about....

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
My 13" 2011 MBP has similar reflection distortion in the black border of the screen....I think it is just how screens of that type are made, of course the Retina screen goes to the edge more....

Really don't think it is a fault....

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
Creases in the upper corners of your screen on the black portion of the glass.

It is only noticeable with a light source shining from behind you. You may have to tilt your screen to see it.

It's almost like taking a clear piece of plastic and folding it. It has that effect. You can't feel it, and you really can't see it unless you have a light source behind you.

I found the following thread by googling it. It seems that a few others have this issue. Do you?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4982772

Yes I do have that same issue.

However it's the third replacement Apple has sent me due to various significant issues confirmed at the Genius Bar. Frankly I'm tired of burning up so much time and frustration simply trying get what I paid for. A new computer that hasn't been molested.

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
My 13" 2011 MBP has similar reflection distortion in the black border of the screen....I think it is just how screens of that type are made, of course the Retina screen goes to the edge more....

Really don't think it is a fault....

Really? I never saw this issue until the retina models came out. In fact, I haven't heard of anyone else even mentioning the creases until the retina release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.