Do you have to bring your charger to work/school?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SnowLeopard OSX, Oct 18, 2014.

1. SnowLeopard OSX macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

I have to bring my charger with me to work (full-time, office job) otherwise my phone will completely run out by the time I'm commuting back.

Anyone else have to? Everyone with an iPhone in my office has to aswell.

Just curious how many of you have to do this too.

2. GrecoISU macrumors member

Unless I leave it on airplane all day yeah, I have to take it to work.

My iPhone 5 is horrible with battery life. It's only about a year old too. Worst phone battery I've ever had.

3. DigitalPharmcst macrumors member

DigitalPharmcst

Not anymore since I have a 6+. I don't have to charge it until I get home. (6 am until 7 pm)

4. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

When I had the 5, I had to charge it at work, since I got the 6+, it's still at 30% when I leave work, so no more charging while working

5. SnowLeopard OSX thread starter macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

I have a 4S running on 8.1 and if I'm using my phone a lot in the morning, it could be at 50% by 11 a.m.

I'm just wondering if there's something I'm unaware of depleting my battery life.

Only a couple of apps use cell data, I close apps when not in use, brightness is down, etc.

6. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

Since getting my iPhone 6, I've not needed to. Occasionally I haven't even left the house in the morning with a fully charged phone and got through the day. If I run into problems, there are enough colleagues with a lightning cable to borrow.

7. noobinator macrumors 601

I have so many chargers laying around I leave one at work. With the plus I rarely use it but with my 5s I used it most days when my phone went below 40% or so.

8. duaneu macrumors 6502a

9. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Everybody at work who has iPhones, has a charger in their locker/desk drawer. Other phone owners either have a charger or a spare battery (usually in a charger). I can't think of any co worker with any phone that hasn't charged it up at work ever.

10. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I have a charger in my car and bring an external USB battery pack to work. I don't need to bring them, unless I go on a trip, but I prefer to be prepared.

11. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

No because I don't use my phone while I'm working.

12. bkar89 macrumors regular

bkar89

I have charger at the office, which is handy when working OT, sometimes 16 hours, more if all hell breaks loose. On a regular day, I wont use it. And thats with an iPhone 5... The 6+ plus i have on order "should be here sometime next week" (I'm thinking, it wont)

My iPhone 5 usually lasts me to about 11 at night before it craps out on me, which if on a friday... and there drinks involved... and i forgot to charge it... and it gets late... Hoping the 6+ puts an end to that issue

13. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

How much time are you spending on your phone during your workday? I use my phone all day out in the field and still come home with 60% remaining. Have you had Apple check your battery lately?

Sorry just read where you have an iPhone 4S. If it has the original battery, by now, it's capacity has diminished. You might want to consider letting Apple put a new battery in your 4S

14. KingArthurVI macrumors regular

KingArthurVI

Workplace has an iPad charger on my desk because we use iPad to test stuff :) naturally it works wonders on an iPhone 6 TURBOCHARGEEEE :eek:

15. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Of course. Why not. I have one in the car. The office. At work. No big hassle.

16. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I like to leave my phone plugged in at work while not using it so in not using any portion of my battery's charge cycles throughout my 9-10 hour workday.

17. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Nope. My iPhone 5 lasts throughout my 7 hour day on campus (with a 40 minute commute each way) and my 6 hour work day on the other days. I only have to charge it overnight. Depending on what I've been doing that day it might need an evening short charge to keep going until 1-2am (the schedule of a college student).

But I have a lot of settings turned off: Background App Refresh for all apps, Bluetooth, and Location Services unless I'm actively using it in an app or its deep in the background. I also close apps out of the switcher when I'm not using them. I'm not sure if that helps anything, but it keeps things uncluttered for me. I also use some resource hogging apps like Facebook and the My Little Pony game. Closing them when I'm not using them leaves me free to do other things.

18. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

I work a office desk job and have a cradle and charger on my desk. Phone stays in the cradle and pluged while i stream pandora during the day. Never have an issues with battery life, I also have an external battery for charging on the go just in case.

19. mgs315 macrumors member

Nope. But then again that's probably because I work outside in an area with no domestic power supply. I go through a 5 and a 5s in battery daily usually so in a way I guess I would if I could. I try to save the 5's battery a little as it's my personal device with music for the commute home.

20. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

What are your usage numbers?

Have you checked the full charge capacity? Maybe it's time for a new battery.

Here is a program that can tell you your battery cycle count and full charge capacity.

21. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I used to with my iP5/5s or charge it right before work. I work 13 hour graveyard shifts so plenty of usage;). With my iP6 I haven't had to and usually have 30-40% left when I get home. I've been getting between 9-10 hours of usage where my iP5s only got between 5 or 6. I even turned of battery percentages lol:D

22. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

With My older iPhones id have to carry a charger in my work bag, since the Ive upgraded I can go a whole day and still have 30% left on my way home. we'll see after a few months where Im at on the battery life.

23. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I will say I've gone from needing my charger 80% of work days with my iPhone 3G and 4 and 50% of the work days with my iPhone 5 to only about 20% of my work days with my 6.

So I still need my charger at work (that's still one day a week) but things are clearly getting better.

24. USF813 macrumors regular

I keep a lightning cable in my desk drawer at work.

25. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I bring it just in case but I don't usually have to consider plugging my phone in actually.