Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bammargera3176

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2015
my iPhone is supposed to come on tuesday, but i won't be home then. do we have to pre-sign for the iPhones for fed ex?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
If you pre-sign, you are telling FedEx to leave it at your doors regardless. As long you u trust your neighbors I suppose.

You can go into FedEx with the tracking and have them hold it at the local warehouse for you to pick up.

bammargera3176

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2015
I can't find where there's a pre sign option on the fed ex page? It's not anywhere listed

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
If you pre-sign, you are telling FedEx to leave it at your doors regardless. As long you u trust your neighbors I suppose.

You can go into FedEx with the tracking and have them hold it at the local warehouse for you to pick up.

Except they may not always do it. It's up to the drivers' manager.

duaneu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Bellevue, WA
It depends on who you bought it from. Apple requires a signature, there's a link on the shipping notification email they send you to pre-sign. If you bought it from a carrier, it may or may not. The only one I've had any experience with, AT&T, did not require a signature.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
It depends on who you bought it from. Apple requires a signature, there's a link on the shipping notification email they send you to pre-sign. If you bought it from a carrier, it may or may not. The only one I've had any experience with, AT&T, did not require a signature.

Same here. The one delivery from at&t did not require it, but so far all of my iPhone deliveries straight from Apple.com required a signature and they would not accept a pre-signature.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I left a signed letter at my FedEx center several years ago that exempts me from having to sign for deliveries. Works for new iPhones just fine.

Thanks for that known information. It can also be presigned for on the internet.

With out one of these arrangements FedEx will not leave at the door unless they want to be responsible for its theft.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.