Do you have to use the iOS Mail Client to accept a shared photo stream?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by spaceballl, Dec 29, 2012.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I use the iOS mail client... but my wife uses the GMail client for her gmail and the iOS client for work. My cousin sent us both shared photo stream invitations, and my phone worked just fine to accept the invite. We're having a tough time figuring out how to accept on hers. Any advice? Thanks!

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

The mail client has nothing to do with photo streams ... The photos app handles the notification and permissions ... Check what Id is your wife using for iCloud ... That one should be the one under the shared Photostream for notification to work

3. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'm not sure if this is accurate. The notification didn't show up in my photo stream until I accepted via the mail client, and my wife is experiencing the same issue. Do you not receive an email when you're invited to a photo stream? And if so, do you get a badge on the photos app without doing anything?

4. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Yes email comes but we dont accept through that at all ... we get the notification from the photos app and a popup on screen to accept the share.

Check notifications->Photos and set them to on (you may have turned them off by mistake)

5. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hers is on - very odd. Totally reproducible every time. Once she accepts the e-mail, then she gets the notification.

6. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

I still suspect that the iCloud (Photostream) and the email address (the one getting email) are different and causing this issue. Can you post some screenies maybe or a quick video ?