Do you just use one watch face complication?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iMas70, Jan 25, 2016.

1. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

I've checked out all of the complications but just have one that I think looks the best and is the most useful to me. It's the modular. I might see what is available for third party apps but this is the one that I always use.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

modular is a watch face. A complication is the small little information you see in the corners of the watch face or elsewhere. With that being said you didn't actually tell us what complication you like?

3. redman042 macrumors 68020

I'm pretty sure you meant "watch face". Might want to change the thread title.

Assuming that's what you meant, here's my response...

I started off with Utility. My brain seems to grasp what time it is, or how much time I have left until a future commitment, just slightly faster with analog hands. Also the smoothly moving second hand is really nice. But there's something about a round watch face on a square watch that seems slightly off (which is why the Hermes face is a nice balance - but I don't have that one).

Now after initially writing it off as "too digital", I've been using Modular (multicolor version, which looks good on my SS with link bracelet). I'm a big user of complications for weather and quick access to calendar, alarm, timer, etc. This does it better than any other.

Occasionally after work or on the weekend, when I'm not in as much need of complications, I'll switch to Solar, Timelaps, or Photo (with a pic of my daughter in the background, sometimes a live photo version).

4. herious89 macrumors member

herious89

Yes I only use Modular watch face, colorful and has more complications

5. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was thinking about the complications when I typing :)

I use multicolor and have the date, time, battery and sunrise/sunset. Have my location in the center with the weather, current temp and high/low temps.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

With that being the case my # go to watchface is Modular w/ calendar, stocks, weather, date, activity complications.

I use utility as well. I use astronomy when I don't want to be bothered by anything but the date and time.

7. applejosh macrumors newbie

applejosh

Almost always use modular. Complications are generally date, Sky guide, activity, and sunset/sunrise, with Carrot weather in the center. I drop the bottom row when I travel across time zones and replace them all with various cities.

8. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

9. ftlum macrumors regular

I usually use simple, with no detail and just the date. My only complication is Dark Sky.

I really wish Apple would allow custom faces or at least provide more that compliment the square case (rather than all these circular ones).

10. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

I only use Chronograph, and on occasion Mickey.

11. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

I change back and forth. Probably Modular and Simple the most. I'm getting around to trying other ones. Today was my first full day with Mickey.

12. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

My order of preference goes like this:

Simple, with four complications (alarm, timer, date, weather);
    Utility, and with the same four complications;
    Modular, in plain red with date, weather, and alarm, specifically for wearing in bed;
    Simple, with no markers or complications, to help me pretend I can be an elegant gentleman.

Lastly, all the others depending on my mood. I really like how Astronomy looks. I wanted to like Chronograph, but it's a little busy, and I wish the hands were solid white instead of outlined (or make the hands hollow inside, like an Omega Seamaster Pro, so they don't block the date).