Do you keep your music on your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Nov 1, 2009.

?

Do you keep your music on your iPhone?

1. Yes, all of it.

34.9%
  2. Some of it

64.0%
  3. No, my music is on a separate device

1.2%
  1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

Just curious if everyone here has their music on their iPhone, or if they use a separate iPod/MP3 player for their music.

If you don't keep all of your music/videos on your iPhone, why don't you?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I keep approx. 23% of my music on my iPhone. I keep the rest of my music on my iPod Nano which stays in my car.

3. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I keep all of my music, videos, podcasts, etc on my iPhone (16gig) for keeping with me wherever I go, and I also keep it all on my 30gig iPod in the car. I don't like using the touchscreen while driving; I much prefer the click wheel.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

Yes.

It's the reason why I upgraded to a 32GB 3GS

6. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

My iTunes library is about 51 GB atm so no. Then again, I've never had an isse with selectively choosing what I carry with me, be it iPods or iPhone. Music-wise, I have about 4 GB on my 32 3GS and it meets my needs.

7. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I put "Yes, all of it" even though I only have 70% of my music on it. I don't keep 100% of music anywhere (I have CDs I haven't ripped onto iTunes, and I have MP3s on my computer not on my iPod).

I kind of see it as a waste to have an iPhone and have no music/media on it (after all, one of its top features are the iPod aspect).

But I can see people not wanting to waste battery life on media. Either way, you should at least put music on it and use the 16GB you paid for or whatever and maybe in that one random time you need a tune, there ya go.

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I have about 1600 songs and 100 music videos. I have 12000 songs on my iPod Classic that stays in my car and it plays and plugs into my car stereo.

If I could have all my music on my phone I would.

9. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

i keep rotating play lists. currently have 71gb of music so until the 128gb iphones come out this is the only option. I use simplify media often in the case of wanting to hear something not on my phone

10. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have over half a terabyte of music; it won't fit in my iPhone. I don't even know half the songs in my library anyways. Buy a CD for like 3 songs and get 10 I never listen to.

12. Acronym macrumors 68000

all the music that i desire to listen to i will put on my iphone all the music i have lost interest in or that is not mine just stays on the (microsoft) computer

13. the-sandman macrumors regular

the-sandman

I've got 51Gb of music now, so having it all on there is out of the question, but i would if i could!

I just make a smart playlist to include my my most played songs limiting the size to 20Gb

Now where is this 120Gb iPhone? :p

14. YoungLew macrumors regular

i keep a few select tracks, just had a look and there's 87 songs on there at the moment...

More than i thought, especially since i never listen to the music

15. Interpolation macrumors regular

I have playlist for favourite songs, and then a few with are favourite albums, and new albums.

Cannot put my whole collection on the phone as its 160Gb. :)

16. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I carry the essentials from my library, the iPhone has become my number one iPod. Hardly use my iPod Video 30 gig anymore. I really hope there's a 64 gig version of the next iPhone!

17. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I've got a small selection (2500 tracks) on my iPhone, though I rarely use it as a music player.

My main music device is a 160GB classic and I've also got an old 60GB iPod photo in the car.

18. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

I have 20GB of music on my 32GB 3GS. Other than that, I listen to music using my 160GB Classic. I pretty much prefer carrying 2 devices.

19. Lukeyboy01 macrumors regular

Lukeyboy01

have a clear out!

20. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I keep about 5GB of music on my iPhone, but only as a back up for if my video iPod dies when I'm out.

I tend not to listen to the iPhone otherwise. I'm not one of those people who can only have a little music with me, I always end up wanting to listen to something random that hasn't been synced. I need a full size dedicated iPod :eek:

21. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I keep about 16GB of music on my iPhone. That's less than half of my library.

22. wowipod macrumors regular

23. CandyCane23049 macrumors regular

Wow, compared to you'll my itunes library is small. Well I only have some music on my iphone 59 songs, the rest I'm going to put on my nano when I get it in the next couple weeks.

24. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Haha well... I have around 60gb of music on my Mac in iTunes and several gigs of videos. (More on another computer)

Definitely not going to fit on my phone. Also, I don't need it all on my phone. I use most of the space for apps. I treat my phone like an iPod Shuffle or Nano.

I sync only a few playlists:
    iPhone (One with songs I want to make sure always sync)
    Top 25 Played (Smart Playlist)
    Top Rated (Smart Playlist)
    Songs with < 2 Playcount (Smart Playlist)
    25 Random (Smart Playlist)